Newcastle V Leicester City // Premier League // Saturday 21st November // 15:00 // SJP

Anorthernsoul

We've never been in the third tier, Stevie. I'll put that down to a typo. ;)

I remember those games well especially the two 5-4 games as I was at both, I also recall them beating us up here 4-1 which was a bit of a shock to me as a kid as I thought they were shite, (didn't realise Lineker and Smith would have good careers at the time).

Course its a typo!!!!!!!! Aye we did them 2-3 the same season.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trouble is we have no concept of building a team with all the right components which includes leadership and experience. It's embarrassing watching us and the frightening thing is I just can't see much of a change unless penfold and Carr change their recruitment ethos.

Nuke it from orbit tbh.

Almost have to at this point, including (especially) McClaren. Only a few salvageable pieces in this club and one of them is out the rest of the season. Defending was beyond atrocious yesterday and there is no sign of leadership or pride. Each passing week convinces me a bit more that we're down. Especially listening to Bagdad Bob's managerial spin.

We will not play ourselves out of relegation,other teams will play themselves into relegation.If the players don't want to know,then no manager will get anything other than shit from them.The dressing room must be rotten to the core.Fuckin on in front of 50,000 isn't worth worrying about to the majority of the shithouses who wear the shirt.

The list of teams who we now have to be afraid is growing every season. Last season it was Swansea and Southampton. This season you can add Leicester, Palace and West Ham. I'm just saying the number of teams we can go in against sort of expectant of a win is dwindling fast. Other teams are improving, we aren't.

I'm really, really worried.

The list of teams who we now have to be afraid is growing every season. Last season it was Swansea and Southampton. This season you can add Leicester, Palace and West Ham. I'm just saying the number of teams we can go in against sort of expectant of a win is dwindling fast. Other teams are improving, we aren't.

I'm really, really worried.

Don't waste your time mate. The club in its current incarnation really isn't worth worrying about.

One of the worst performances from a Newcastle 'team' I've ever seen that. Can't praise any of them.

This is what happens when you try and buy cheap players from France and sell them a club that will sell them on as soon as we receive a decent offer for them without any consideration of building a team.

Sacking McClaren will do nothing to resolve this as long as the sickness is still there at the top of the club.

There is a lot of old fashioned thinking in here like, extra training sessions, screaming at players etc.

Simply doesn't happen anymore, for better or worse.

Can see why were linked with that Valencia CM in the summer now mind, our options look poor.

I think the manager is an issue like. Not suggesting it's the only one by any means but we continue to employ people on the cheap in the most important role at the club.

Not even sure McClaren will be that cheap tbh. He won't be on Mourinho or Klopp money but I would wager he is more expensive than many we could have hired.

What do reckon McClaren was on at Derby? Not a huge amount and for a bit more plus a crack at a top flight club again I don't think he'll be on big wages (in Premier League terms). Charnley's a similar case with the importance of his position and the wages he'll be on I reckon.

Haven't a clue mate. A quick Google tells me Paul Clement is on £2 mill a year at Derby. Would be surprised if we get much change from that for McClaren tbh.

The other way to look at it is, if this goes tits up for him it will probably be his last crack at the big time so will want a decent pay cheque. I reckon his wages and the place in the board as security are why we didn't do the deal in Jan tbh.

What do reckon McClaren was on at Derby? Not a huge amount and for a bit more plus a crack at a top flight club again I don't think he'll be on big wages (in Premier League terms). Charnley's a similar case with the importance of his position and the wages he'll be on I reckon.

Charnley is on about £100k/annum... which is startlingly small.

Edited by Rayvin

Haven't a clue mate. A quick Google tells me Paul Clement is on £2 mill a year at Derby. Would be surprised if we get much change from that for McClaren tbh.

The other way to look at it is, if this goes tits up for him it will probably be his last crack at the big time so will want a decent pay cheque. I reckon his wages and the place in the board as security are why we didn't do the deal in Jan tbh.

I'd be staggered if McClaren was on anywhere near £2M a year. (Unless that figure included heavy incentives which are unlikely to be triggered).

Just speculating obviously but I'd be surprised if he was on that much. Your reasoning is fair enough like so who knows?