Newcastle V Leicester City // Premier League // Saturday 21st November // 15:00 // SJP

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just speculating obviously but I'd be surprised if he was on that much. Your reasoning is fair enough like so who knows?

We should find out in the next set of accounts.

Edit: Actually we won't, it's the highest paid director whose salary is stated, not board member.

Edited by ewerk

They're shining a light on Carr, someone should let them know he doesn't sign the players.

But he is our "scout" and a lot of the recent options appear not really to be up to it. I accept that he does not sign them, and may be putting forward other, more expensive or older options, but surely he is also recommending the likes of Thauvin, Cabella, De Jong, etc, who while they may be well-credentialed overseas, do not appear to be able to handle the Premier League (or even Division 2, or wherever Sheffield Wednesday are now)

But he is our "scout" and a lot of the recent options appear not really to be up to it. I accept that he does not sign them, and may be putting forward other, more expensive or older options, but surely he is also recommending the likes of Thauvin, Cabella, De Jong, etc, who while they may be well-credentialed overseas, do not appear to be able to handle the Premier League (or even Division 2, or wherever Sheffield Wednesday are now)

You have to take the coaches that have had their mitts on those players.

Santon is clearly a good fullback, Mbiwa a good centre back, Ben Arfa has a certain mercurial talent too. Yet Pardew got shot of them all asap.

No doubt there've been some players who've failed to live up to their billing, but I can't bring myself to blame Carr too much. It's been said before but look at the players we've given up on for the sake of £1m here or there; Lacazette, Aubemyang, Gamiero, etc.

I wonder how the careers of those players would have developed under the coaching of Pardew et al tbh

The area that Ashley has made the biggest and the most mistakes is definitely the backroom staff. Ever since Chris Mort left we've has catastrophe after catastrophe.

Just imagine Ashley had employed someone like de Boer, or Tuchel, or Pochettino or Rodgers from the get-go. Oh and had opted for a qualified human being as director instead of the charmless ball of belly button fluff we have now.

The area that Ashley has made the biggest and the most mistakes is definitely the backroom staff. Ever since Chris Mort left we've has catastrophe after catastrophe.

Just imagine Ashley had employed someone like de Boer, or Tuchel, or Pochettino or Rodgers from the get-go. Oh and had opted for a qualified human being as director instead of the charmless ball of belly button fluff we have now.

What exactly is it that Mort did that was so good?

He just happened to be in place during the honeymoon period after Shepherd was fucked off in my honest opinion. Can never understand the Mort praise, was Ashley's man all the way.

He just happened to be in place during the honeymoon period after Shepherd was fucked off in my honest opinion. Can never understand the Mort praise, was Ashley's man all the way.

Not saying he did do anything necessarily good, just that if he's point zero, we've been on a downward trajectory since then.

I think Mort at least appeared to have some integrity and professionalism. Both of which have been completely absent from the SJP corridors of power ever since.

Lee fucking Charnley man. A middle management muppet in the most powerful day to day role at the club.

You're right. But he's not been associated with Ashley since (publicly at least) so he gets almost looked upon as if he saw what was coming with Ashley here and didn't want to be associated with it.

He definitely came across better than comical dekka and as for penfold? Who knows? By his actions he's clearly an over-promoted club lackey but we've never actually heard what he has to say other than corporate club speak. I think Mort made the right noises early on whilst Ashley was still in his sheep's clothing and that's it, really.

Well someone is giving the ok to sign shit players or players with shit attitudes.I've said before if you have players who don't give a fuck,and the majority of our squad don't give a fuck,it makes no difference who is the manager.Gouffran and Obertan didn't give a fuck when selected.Neither did that waster called Cabella.HBA fucked about most of the time.If you don't give a fuck you don't runaround,tackle,go for headers or want the ball.Thats us.Thats what we are watching.No fuckin pride.No interest in putting in a shift.Only interested in picking up their wages.And don't even think relegation will bother them.Not one fuckin bit will relegation bother them.

You only have to go into a Sports Direct to see how inspiring it is to be part of the Ashley empire.

They've all got faces like the one bringing up the rear of the human centipede.