Holidays 2024

McFaul

Friends of our went to Disney Florida.  Spent a good £15k, probably just to keep up with the Jonses.  I know another couple go and they spent a fraction of that.  They also went to Euro Disney and did it at a reasonable price.

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Anyone know how to get cheap(er) Disney holidays?

Cheapest (and best) way we ever got there was booking a nice villa with a pool from one of the many sites that list them and then flying into Tampa and hiring a car. Dont budget to be at Disney every day as there’s loads of other stuff to do and going every day is far too tiring.  

last 2 weeks in October / first 2 weeks of April is best time weather wise.

Always used to be loads of great deals on villas, all within 15 mins of Disney.

Personally, purely for Disney stuff, I always preferred Paris as they seemed to cherry pick all the best bits from the many Disney parks when they made it.

yeah, but on the other hand it's staffed with moody parisians on minimum wage. not exactly the magical kingdom when you're confronted with gallic shrugs, eye rolling a plenty and people smoking all over the shop

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cheapest (and best) way we ever got there was booking a nice villa with a pool from one of the many sites that list them and then flying into Tampa and hiring a car. Dont budget to be at Disney every day as there’s loads of other stuff to do and going every day is far too tiring.  

Personally, purely for Disney stuff, I always preferred Paris as they seemed to cherry pick all the best bits from the many Disney parks when they made it.

Cheers for this CT. We can get accommodation from Mrs Fish's Aunt and Uncle. 

We were thinking about getting day tickets, but queueing at the gate doesn't fill me with anything but preternatural dread.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, but on the other hand it's staffed with moody parisians on minimum wage. not exactly the magical kingdom when you're confronted with gallic shrugs, eye rolling a plenty and people smoking all over the shop

:lol:  Maybe it’s you 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

france kiss GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha 5

On 18/11/2023 at 19:42, Kid Dynamite said:

Been looking at booking New York next Christmas for a few days. Was thinking about booking the home alone package at the Plaza for one night. You get a limousine ride round New York with a cheese pizza and a 16 scoop ice cream Sunday when you get back. 

Turns out it's $3000 :lol: 

This came up in my YouTube feed for some reason. 3 grand sounds about right. The review here paints the picture the hotel is a 5 star delapidated shit hole with dirty rooms and no running hot water. Plus you might meet Trump. Lucky escape. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Just back from  a week in the UK. Fabulous trip highlighted by the win over Chelsea. Disappointing to not meet any of yous but still a great trip! 

IMG_0723.jpeg

Well, if I’d known you were such a sexy bugger I’d have made more effort. 

tumblr_inline_p4wm8d4LHz1rict0a_500.gif

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Just back from  a week in the UK. Fabulous trip highlighted by the win over Chelsea. Disappointing to not meet any of yous but still a great trip! 

You get a hair cut when you were over?

IMG_0723.jpeg

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Well, if I’d known you were such a sexy bugger I’d have made more effort. 

Well I'm willing to give long distance a try if you are. 

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Did you get a hospitality ticket or….?…. You must have got a hospitality ticket?? 😆

My gem of an uncle gave me his season ticket for the match.  Photo was taken during a stadium tour the day before the match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/11/2023 at 15:16, Christmas Tree said:

That's pretty much exactly what we did. Heathrow to Tampa was about £500 return each. 80min drive to Kissimmee. Stayed in a Villa in Storey Lake which was lush and close to everything. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024