Holidays 2024

McFaul

It's dumped down all day. Wife and mates stayed in. Me and a pal managed a good. 3h before we were board as a lot of pistes shut. 

After a near 16 years off the slopes it's been mega. 

Then, found out French air traffic are on strike tomorrow 🙄 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Off to Munich in April and we play Everton when we’re there. @Isegrim forgive the ignorance but if you’re from Munich, point me towards where any potential Munich based Mags meet for the soccer. If you’re rooted in the Sudetenland, then disregard 

I am sorry and can’t help as I am living near Stuttgart. But from my experience you do only find the occasional mag in most cities but not large gatherings.

I recommend to look for an Irish pub aa you will probably struggle to watch the match elsewhere.

I will see if I can gather some information where it’s best to watch.

I can give recommendations about breweries in Munich though…

36 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I am sorry and can’t help as I am living near Stuttgart. But from my experience you do only find the occasional mag in most cities but not large gatherings.

I recommend to look for an Irish pub aa you will probably struggle to watch the match elsewhere.

I will see if I can gather some information where it’s best to watch.

I can give recommendations about breweries in Munich though…

A Google search gave me results for some Irish bar but the article was from 11 year ago :lol: We’re heading over at the same time as Spring Fest and we’ve got all of the breweries earmarked so it’s no great loss if I have to watch the match on my phone while getting pole axed by strong lager 

• Haha 2

Tell you what. We got it well better than some. Our flight ended up being delayed by 6h. We ended up being the penultimate flight out. The rest got cancelled. 

But the guy who took us to the airport was picking up and his flight in was delayed. So we checked our luggage in and then we drove with him to a commercial centre on the outskirts of Chambery where we got to eat and chill out without being crammed in. 

Got back to the airport with an our before out flight was called and the airport was a fucking mess 😂 I felt for the plane reps they were getting shite when it wasn't their fault at all. Spoke to the Jet2 rep who looked destroyed. I got him a coffee and a donut the poor lad. He said our flight that was incoming the passengers had been sat on the plane for 7 hours waiting to taxi to take off. SEVEN FUCKING HOURS in a tube. Apparently it kept getting pushed back and back. 

But fucking mint to be back on the slopes after so long and great to be back in the fresh air of the mountains. 

• Like 3

The first time I went to Ayia Napa in 86 on a package holiday obviously, when we got on the coach quite early on a Saturday morning to head off for the airport they told us there was a problem with the plane and there'd be a delay of 3 or 4 hours.

They took us to a beach near Larnaca airport with a cafe/restaurant and we got vouchers which were for a reasonable amount (not just the usual one sandwich and one water bottle voucher).

I thought this was all very reasonable but you wouldn't believe how many people went completely batshit with anger about it. Some saying they had to get back to go to work and would lose their jobs and everything. 

Maybe I was naive but it opened my eyes to what a bunch of cunts some bits are abroad and why we're hated. 

• Like 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024