Andros Townsend

ohhh_yeah

Well that seems 100% legit.

:lol: I was literally about to say the same thing, load of nonsense tbh. Do Lisbon even have much money? I know they weren't doing great financially somewhat recently.

I also fail to see how playing in the Portuguese League is much better than playing in the Championship, I know they play in Europe but surely he could get a Premiership club over them.

Think there's a fair chance he'll be away. Won't be to Portugal though.

Aye there'll be some Premier League club willing to spend £8m on Townsend, can't blame him if he goes either.

Aye there'll be some Premier League club willing to spend £8m on Townsend, can't blame him if he goes either.

I still have doubts the release fee will be set at £8m. Surely Ashley would have sacked charnley for losing us £5m in 6 month. I suspect it will be much nearer what we paid. I still think that would be low enough to be of interest to most teams who might want him.

I still have doubts the release fee will be set at £8m. Surely Ashley would have sacked charnley for losing us £5m in 6 month. I suspect it will be much nearer what we paid. I still think that would be low enough to be of interest to most teams who might want him.

He didn't sack him for losing us Premier League status, can't see him being that bothered about a couple of million here or there.

:lol:

Looks like he's out of the England squad

Shame for him as he's been unplayable the last few games. Henderson, Milner, Injured Sturridge/Wilshere, Barkley who has been hopeless all ahead of him?

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Can't say I'm massively surprised. I think unplayable is an exageration but he's in much better form than Sterling so I think he's more deserving of a place.

I can't understand why Wilshire and Sturridge are going. They're never fit and Wilshire looks way off the pace. I don't rate Milner or Henderson but I'm not sure who else I'd take in their place.

He's a form player & I'd much rather see him go than the boring shite that'll be on the plane.

As well as the aforementioned players, Sterling has done sweet fuck all this season. Seriously overrated player.

Will do more to push him out of the door surely

I can't see why. If anything would it not make him think he won't get a game no matter how he plays?

I was hoping he'd pick up a knock that would keep him out til late September like. That might have been our best chance of keeping him here.

I'd also go along with the 'unplayable' being a bit OTT. Hard lines for him but there you go, always an outside chance for him IMO and he'll know the dynamics of hodgson's squad and his favourites. He's under contract and if he twists on he'll have to hope Rafa doesn't want him too much and someone can pay his wages and afford his transfer fee.

Because if he can't get in the squad playing really well in the premier league he's got fuck all chance turning out in the championship

The squad for what? It's 2 more seasons until the next tournament. A season in the championship will do him no harm for the next World Cup as long as he's in the premier league for 17/18

I'd also go along with the 'unplayable' being a bit OTT. Hard lines for him but there you go, always an outside chance for him IMO and he'll know the dynamics of hodgson's squad and his favourites. He's under contract and if he twists on he'll have to hope Rafa doesn't want him too much and someone can pay his wages and afford his transfer fee.

Thought he had an 8m release clause?

Hodgson proving what a fucking plank he is tbh, taking Wilshere and leaving Drinkwater and Noble home is absurd. Wilshere had 1 start in the league last year how the fuck can you take him to a Tournament? Sturridge is class but he can't stay fit for more than a week and he's not going to be the starter anyway, he's taking 5 strikers and 3 centre backs (I know Dier can play there but tbh he's not very good there) what do blokes like Shawcross have to do to get a friendly or anything? Stones has been diabolical all season and has brought that poor form into every England game he has played, crackers when you think the bloke tends to play one up top.

Sterling has completely lost his way and went big time since his move to Man City so he's been shite all season, clearly there on name alone tbh. Not being funny but I think someone like Marc Albrighton should be annoyed, they went on about him on a programme the other week and they're saying he's among the most consistent chance creators in the league whenever he plays.

Townsend was class the closing weeks of the Prem but didn't play much the rest of the season, I think that argument could have been used if he hadn't taken someone like Wilshere, I'm glad in a way as it means Townsend isn't in the shop window but looking at the squad he deserved to go tbh as yet again an England squad is criminally lacking in width. Why even take Sterling as the only winger (unless you class Lallana as one, I see him as more through the middle)? I know he's clearly going to do daft stuff like waste Vardy out wide, despite how Vardy proved how daft that was the other week. Ah well not like we were going to win it anyway but it's even clearer now that Hodgson isn't up to the job, despite that being crystal clear after the shambles in Brazil.

Edited by Howay

Gutted for Townsend tbh he seems a canny lad. I'd be pissed off if I was Drinkwater, just won the league and was one of the best defensive midfielders and gets cut out of the squad by a half fit Wilshere :lol: