NUFC v The Great Unwashed

Anorthernsoul

Surprisingly I'm talking about Sunderland, picking up the most points lately

1 win in 8 is hardly in form though. They think they're great but are, surprisingly, actually shit. We are shit too, but have a change in manager which gives us a chance.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, we have to hope Benitez can make a difference, but why can't he? Worked for sunderland under much worse circumstances for Advocaat and even Paulo fucking De Canio!

I genuinely believe we have better players than our relegation rivals in most positions. We have by far the best manager now. Hopefully tomorrow will be some kind of epiphany comparable to Robson's first game.

Someone tell me why not?

b9f1c8ca9e2df846e24f7016d67aa31f.jpg

Look, we're due some luck against these, we're at home, our players can pass a ball on their day better than these, we also have a new manager who the players will not fuck about with. Get the overdue luck, play on their overconfidence, get the first goal and I feel players and fans will go to town on these.

1 win in 8 is hardly in form though. They think they're great but are, surprisingly, actually shit. We are shit too, but have a change in manager which gives us a chance.

They had a good transfer window and have played well since even in defeat. We've got it all to do. Huge pressure this week and next

They had a good transfer window and have played well since even in defeat. We've got it all to do. Huge pressure this week and next

We've played well plenty of times in defeat. Means fuck all tbh. They've got it all to do as much as us, and the pressure is also on them as much as us.

I get we have a psychological problem in derbies now, it's not surprising, and certainly applies to me as well. But remove that, which is partly Benitez's job, and we are favourites to beat these. The bookies think so.

Mind, they are spawny cunts. Fairly high probability they'll be playing most the match against 10 or even 9 men.....

Just did one of those season predictor things. This is what I ended up with. Fuck knows how.

TjD39do.png

I did one before based on the 28 game points average ended up with us & the Makems relegated along with villa of course. This game tomorrow is an essential win it's going to be a nervy bad tempered game I just hope we get an early goal (I know) to settle us down. A draw will be better for them than us I just hope we throw everything at them from the off.

Still think they've to much of a head start on us we need 9 points just too break even with them. I think we've a fairly tough run in the Man City, Liverpool, Spurs will be hard games. A win tomorrow is not just about 3 points it's also a morale boost & the belief that we can win games, lose & it's probably goodnight Vienna, the Premiership & almost certainly Rafa. The only glimmer of hope to come out of that scenario is it could be goodnight Ashley & his croanies.

Still think they've to much of a head start on us we need 9 points just too break even with them. I think we've a fairly tough run in the Man City, Liverpool, Spurs will be hard games. A win tomorrow is not just about 3 points it's also a morale boost & the belief that we can win games, lose & it's probably goodnight Vienna, the Premiership & almost certainly Rafa. The only glimmer of hope to come out of that scenario is it could be goodnight Ashley & his croanies.

6 if we win tomorrow and then 3 if we beat Palace at SJP and it all of a sudden they're looking over their shoulders, especially if Norwich beat them

6 if we win tomorrow and then 3 if we beat Palace at SJP and it all of a sudden they're looking over their shoulders, especially if Norwich beat them

Assuming they pick up no more points. By the time we play Palace there's only Villa & Spurs left neither team will be doing us any favours everything hinges on a win tomorrow.

The sad part now is that with Norwich winning, even if we win tomorrow we'll still be in the bottom three albeit above Blunderland.

Must admit I've got bad vibes about tomorrow.

I can't help but feel that we're going to completely bottle this. The worst feasible outcome would be a loss, an injury and a suspension. That seems entirely possible. I can also see us being on the wrong end of refereeing decisions. I hope to fuck I'm wrong, but that's the mindset I'll unfortunately be going into this game with.

For reference when we last played them this was our side. A poor decision and some unfavourable refereeing turned the match with Coloccini conceding a penalty to a very soft Fletcher tumble and being sent off for his trouble (at the end of the first half).

Elliot; Janmaat, Mbemba, Coloccini, Dummett, Sissoko, Tiote, Colback, Wijnaldum, Perez, Mitrovic
Subs: Woodman, Haidara, Lascelles, Anita, Thauvin, De Jong, Cisse

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the best formation we could play for this game, this is what I've come up with.

---------------------Elliot---------------------

Janmaat---Taylor---Mbemba---Mbabu

---------Colback*-------Shelvey-----------

--Townsend--------------------Sissoko----

------------------Wijnaldum-----------------

--------------MItrovic------------------------

Subs: Darlow, Perez, Lascelles, de Jong, Saivet, Doumbia, Aarons, Kluivert

* - If Tiote is fit I'd start with him rather than Colback, though we know Colback will give his all in this match.

He scored 1 goals in the league all season, Palace last September :lol:

Yes but that goal helped us stay up at the end of last season, or something.

Start him ahead of Perez!

Ah well here I am 5.30am.

Been awake every two hours during the night and now given in and got up.

Stomach churning, nervous as fuck and a glimmer of hope has made an unwelcome return.

In my heart of hearts I know how evil the football gods are to Newcastle fans. One minute you're luck has turned and an English billionaire buys the club and brings Keegan back, then..........

Here we are again. Rafa Benitez as coach and the talk of great things happening in the summer and over the next few years.......

Or Big Sams smug punch able face chortling away at 3.20pm

Fuck :(

Hope, I hate you.

Ah well here I am 5.30am.

Been awake every two hours during the night and now given in and got up.

Stomach churning, nervous as fuck and a glimmer of hope has made an unwelcome return.

In my heart of hearts I know how evil the football gods are to Newcastle fans. One minute you're luck has turned and an English billionaire buys the club and brings Keegan back, then..........

Here we are again. Rafa Benitez as coach and the talk of great things happening in the summer and over the next few years.......

Or Big Sams smug punch able face chortling away at 3.20pm

Fuck :(

Hope, I hate you.

What's for breakfast, Fats?