The Championship

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: He also said he'd never play in the Championship for QPR. Surprised he left Burnley though I thought he'd had a decent season for them, I didn't see any of their games though so maybe not, Andrew will probably know.

:lol: He also said he'd never play in the Championship for QPR. Surprised he left Burnley though I thought he'd had a decent season for them, I didn't see any of their games though so maybe not, Andrew will probably know.

Yep, he's had an excellent season for burnley but wanted a 2 year contract renewal, burnley were only willing to give him a 1 year deal so off he's gone.

Bad business for them imo, his experience and quality helped them massively and their midfield without him is lacks the ability to stay up by a very long way.

Makes more sense now cheers Andrew, I'd rather have a year in the PL than two in the SPL but I suppose he's starting to worry about the end of his career and probably trying to guarantee as much money as possible now.

Still 12/1 available on us breaking 100 points. I was on at 14/1.

Think it's going to end up being a fairly safe bet now Rafa has full control and a good budget.

I see it's already at 4/5 at a lot of bookies that we'll be promoted, I can't blame them as I really think it's going to be pretty straightforward. With Rafa there we can basically win any transfer battle we get into with other Championship clubs as well as a fair few of the bottom feeders in the Prem (such as Fat Sam's Sunderland ;) ) as if you're a lower Prem / Championship level player the chance to play for a Benitez calibre manager doesn't really come around very often (has it ever?).

Edited by Howay

I still can't quite get my ahead around the fact that Charnley still has a job you know. As good as this Rafa outcome is, I can't think of any reason he should be retained, aside from one; and that is that he never asked to be MD, and is as much a hostage of Ashley as we are. He's been promoted into a role he doesn't want, and isn't capable of, and Ashley just won't let him quit.

That's literally the only circumstance under which his being retained would make sense.

I still can't quite get my ahead around the fact that Charnley still has a job you know. As good as this Rafa outcome is, I can't think of any reason he should be retained, aside from one; and that is that he never asked to be MD, and is as much a hostage of Ashley as we are. He's been promoted into a role he doesn't want, and isn't capable of, and Ashley just won't let him quit.

That's literally the only circumstance under which his being retained would make sense.

:lol: Aye I think at this point he's basically Ashley's eyes and ears at the club for 150k.