The Championship

Anorthernsoul

So would Wijnaldum and Sissoko. I wouldn't keep those 2 either

Fair enough.

Still think we've a strong enough spine to get back up at the first time of asking. Even if Ian Cathro is the boss.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we can hang on to Townsend

I can't see anyone giving us more than we paid for him. He'll stay with us 1 full season at least.

Sort of feel the same with mbemba, mitro and possibly wijnaldum.

I think we'll seek to cut the wage bill a bit.

Wijnaldum can do one of the ones you mention

Wouldn't be surprised if we loaned him back to Holland with them picking up his wages.

I agree with Andrew though, there's a few players who's fee/wages might put off suitors.

Nobody in Holland would pay Wijnaldum's wages. Getting back what we paid for people won't be the criteria we use when selling

Maybe they won't pay it all, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to the league where he did so well on a deal not too dissimilar to Thauvin/Cabella.

Good job I didn't say it would be :good:

Last bit was @ Andrew re: Townsend. I think the most likely scenario is cost cutting at any opportunity and given his relatively good form he's vulnerable. Last time we went down we retained those that we had no bids for really. Most who could leave did.

Aye, lascelles and Darlow as well. Flog the rest and buy some more who give a shit.

Hopefully Rafa mans up and stays on and we have another excellent promotion season.

Quite looking forward to the change.

At the end of the day, relegation / promotion is what makes football. We should take it on the chins and look forward not back.

:lol:

You're quite looking forward to the change? PMSL.

Fuck all is going to change with that fat cunt in charge. He's fucking poison and he's surrounded by arse lickers who are also poison.

Rafa should man up? He is a proven class manager. At the end of the day he is there for himself, not us. He will have had a decent pay day if we stay up dont fool yourself. Why would he stay with us realistically to play fucking teams like Burton away when he could easily manage a team playing in the Champs League or fighting for trophies?

The situation is fucking wank and it all stops with that fat fucker who owns us.

Don't forget we'll have already written down the value of the players for the length of time they've been here. There's a strong chance we'll make money on at least anyone who was bought more than a year ago. How much cash that releases is another matter entirely but I don't see us looking to spend much anyway.

I thought Townsend had a release clause if we got relegated? I'll be stunned if he's still here come September.

According to who? It wouldn't be a surprise mind you but really no one actually knows that.

Apparently there is some clause that we'll sell him for about £8.5m if we go down. When I read the article that mentioned it, it did seem like we didn't actually have to sell him just if we did decide to sell him we had to accept the amount. Think it was in the chronicle so it was possibly just badly written.

Edit: He's a link to a Telegraph article about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/05/west-ham-and-southampton-to-trigger-8m-release-clause-for-andros/

Edited by David Kelly

According to who? It wouldn't be a surprise mind you but really no one actually knows that.

Apparently there is some clause that we'll sell him for about £8.5m if we go down. When I read the article that mentioned it, it did seem like we didn't actually have to sell him just if we did decide to sell him we had to accept the amount. Think it was in the chronicle so it was possibly just badly written.

Edit: He's a link to a Telegraph article about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/05/west-ham-and-southampton-to-trigger-8m-release-clause-for-andros/

I knew I had heard/read something about it somewhere. Townsend will be at the Euro's this summer so even if such a clause didn't exist he still won't be staying.

I can see most of our players leaving on loan for the season with the option to sell for a set price if we aren't promoted. However the likes of Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Tiote, Colo, Taylor, Janmaat will be SHOT asap.

FYP

Joey Barton talking a lot of sense on TalkSport this afternoon, says McClaren wanted him back at the club last summer but Ashley vetoed it.

• 2 weeks later...