gpirlo68

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Perez can produce more crosses to Murphy like the one on Saturday then I think we will be okay without Gayle for a few weeks.

It's a shame that Atsu is away at the AFCON as I think Murphy would benefit from that supply line down the left. Although, his absence may mean more game time for Lazaar and Yedlin?

It's a shame that Atsu is away at the AFCON as I think Murphy would benefit from that supply line down the left. Although, his absence may mean more game time for Lazaar and Yedlin?

I'm guessing that Yedlin will probably play more often seeing as Anita is out for two months or so but I'm not sure Lazaar will? I thought he was more of a left back than a midfielder anyway? 

Good news all round, Gayle and Hayden out for less time than feared and Anita out of be first team picture for the near term

:lol:

I feel bad for the lad but aye it's going to be good knowing I wont have to see or hear the bloke playing, to be fair to him he always tries it's just he's utter utter shite. Really hope we never have to see Colback or Anita play again after this season, unless we play Accrington Stanley or wherever the buggers end up in the cup.

I'm guessing that Yedlin will probably play more often seeing as Anita is out for two months or so but I'm not sure Lazaar will? I thought he was more of a left back than a midfielder anyway? 

:dunno: he's an attacking fullback/wing back/winger.

• 1 month later...

our problems with injuries have generally been nowhere near as bad since rafa joined - better quality fitness coaches? but you have to wonder if he was rushed back too soon for this sticky run of games. 

time for the serbian nutter to keep his head and show what he can do.

our problems with injuries have generally been nowhere near as bad since rafa joined - better quality fitness coaches? but you have to wonder if he was rushed back too soon for this sticky run of games. 

time for the serbian nutter to keep his head and show what he can do.

I have wondered if there was an element to Newcastle's weather to the injury problems, but maybe it was always just straight up incompetence.

It'll take longer than a season under Rafa's team to know whether it's actually improved or it's just variance though.

It had to be said, especially considering the Rafa worship, that this was Souness /Pardew levels of injury management incompetence.

How so?

Gayle was given a run out at the end of the Norwich game and while he didn't look match-sharp he didn't look like he was struggling too much. It wasn't like he was thrown straight in against Norwich the minute he was passed fit.

Rafa made remarks that he hadn't been sleeping well due do his lass's pregnancy and birth so had been sluggish in training. Risking a hamstring in those circumstances is fucking stupid.

I remember all the shit with Dyer and Bellamy (and others) where bringing back someone 5 minutes before you should fucks them again - you should be 100% sure with them.

He was obviously desperate to have him back for this tricky run of away games.

Time for mitro to deliver what a lot of us predicted he would this season: goals, good hold up play and rattling defenders without getting himself sent off.massve responsibility on his shoulders with these games coming up. I hope he rises to it as it could determine his future at the club.

Rafa made remarks that he hadn't been sleeping well due do his lass's pregnancy and birth so had been sluggish in training. Risking a hamstring in those circumstances is fucking stupid.

I remember all the shit with Dyer and Bellamy (and others) where bringing back someone 5 minutes before you should fucks them again - you should be 100% sure with them.

I see a difference, but I don't think I will convince you that you're entirely fucking wrong, so I'll leave it be.

;)

He was obviously desperate to have him back for this tricky run of away games.

Time for mitro to deliver what a lot of us predicted he would this season: goals, good hold up play and rattling defenders without getting himself sent off.massve responsibility on his shoulders with these games coming up. I hope he rises to it as it could determine his future at the club.

He's up against it, any 50/50 will immediately be 60/40 against him because of his reputation. Honestly don't think Murphy will have seen a yellow against Wolves.

I hope that players like Atsu, Diame, Perez, Ritchie, Shelvey help out on the goal scoring front as the crowd seem eager to turn on the big mad Serb.

Just a note on this - since Gayle got injured we're unbeaten in the league. In his last 8 full league games we lost 3.

Since Gayle's injury: P6 W4 D2 L0 --> 2.33 points per game

Before Gayle's injury: P8 W5 D0 L3 --> 1.9 points per game

So, while I'm not doubting he's a great player at this level, we've done okay without him. It's the record without Shelvey that's far more worrying.