Hippo Heed appointed Engerland manager

Geordie1973

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

When you called it "the pod" I immediately pictured you and your pals as man-headed dolphins, shouting out random NUFC facts as you breach the surface.

(Don't to inject too much Bong in your 20s, kids.

Mmm'kay? )

Well, you won't be hearing my sultry tones on the podcast any time soon. Moved to Manchester and until I've settled in the new job I won't be starting a new one either. Sad times.

For me.

The lads that are doing it need to find another obsessive though. They're both fans, but they don't read every scrap of info on Newcastle floating about, they don't research the next opposition's playing style/form/manager. Especially this season where London based fans aren't going to get to watch many matches. Not being a dick, but I leant an air of credibility to the pod.

If there's someone on here that's based in London and fancies it, let me know.

Whereabouts did you move?

Why does it have to be London based in this day and age? Why would you have to give it up just because you moved?

The company that sorts out the engineer, the recording space and the promotion etc. are London based and I wouldn't trust the engineers to sort out a skype/phone in. Also, the dynamic isn't the same over skype or the phone. Always sounds a little stilted. Best they get someone else in and I start a new one up here.

Whereabouts did you move?

Altrincham. It's nice, Hale is nicer still, but about 100 times the price.

Hope the move went well Davo.

In the grand scheme of things it went fine, but there were, as there always are, a few issues. Sofa beds not being delivered, wasp nests in the kitchen, a radiator hanging off the wall because the previous tenant wanted to wash the curtains so stood on the fucking thing... :no:

A mate loaned us the van he uses for his Hog Roast business, but he's based in Skipton so we drove up from South London, picked up the van and drove back the same day. Driving through Wandsworth Common at about 22:30, I noticed a single white female wandering down an unlit avenue, probably coming back from one pub or other. Worried for this girl's safety I asked the Mrs if we should offer her a lift.

"What, you want to pull over and ask a lone woman if she wants to get into a windowless murder van? With ratchet straps and actual blood stains? No dickhead, I don't think we should." :blush:  :lol:

Is Wayne Rooney really in the England squad? :lol: I just assumed he wasn't on account of him having an absolutely shite season so far but then saw he was being interviewed during the press conference today.

The company that sorts out the engineer, the recording space and the promotion etc. are London based and I wouldn't trust the engineers to sort out a skype/phone in. Also, the dynamic isn't the same over skype or the phone. Always sounds a little stilted. Best they get someone else in and I start a new one up here.

In the grand scheme of things it went fine, but there were, as there always are, a few issues. Sofa beds not being delivered, wasp nests in the kitchen, a radiator hanging off the wall because the previous tenant wanted to wash the curtains so stood on the fucking thing... :no:

A mate loaned us the van he uses for his Hog Roast business, but he's based in Skipton so we drove up from South London, picked up the van and drove back the same day. Driving through Wandsworth Common at about 22:30, I noticed a single white female wandering down an unlit avenue, probably coming back from one pub or other. Worried for this girl's safety I asked the Mrs if we should offer her a lift.

"What, you want to pull over and ask a lone woman if she wants to get into a windowless murder van? With ratchet straps and actual blood stains? No dickhead, I don't think we should." :blush:  :lol:

:lol:

Have you been to the market house yet? Really decent places to eat.

Altrincham is nice but it's a bit square/middle class for the likes of me. Is it on the tram line?

Have you been to the market house yet? Really decent places to eat.

Altrincham is nice but it's a bit square/middle class for the likes of me. Is it on the tram line?

Yeah, been a few times, nice food, good beer and decent coffee. 

I'd have preferred Chorlton, but time was against us. Altrincham is the final stop on the tram, yeah.

I know where there is a nice 2 bed terrace going in didsbury if you fancy a quick move?

Chorlton is class, really like it there and go regularly to get pissed up with my mates.

I know where there is a nice 2 bed terrace going in didsbury if you fancy a quick move?

Chorlton is class, really like it there and go regularly to get pissed up with my mates.

Hah, we literally only just moved here :lol: 

Next move will be buying a place, probably in 12-18 months. No idea where that will be though.

Hah, we literally only just moved here :lol:

Next move will be buying a place, probably in 12-18 months. No idea where that will be though.

Haha I know, I just need this rental to go quick or I'm paying mortgage and rent until it does.

Drop me a PM if you want any suggestions on nights out/eating out/dealers