Hippo Heed appointed Engerland manager

Geordie1973

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Not sure how I feel about this, especially if Pardew gets in.  Wanted to see the Mackems down, Sam fail with England, Pardew relegate Palace.

Jesus, we're a bitter lot.

At least by giving Southgate a few games for England, it gives them time to find out who else has got their fingers dirty in all of this. There'll be quite a few out there worried at the moment. Article doesn't mention names but I reckon we will see those implicated coming out to make statements just to try and bat them off. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-eight-premier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/amp/?client=ms-android-om-lge

My sympathy is for the England team, certainly not for money grubbing fat Sam who I thought was a mistake in the first place when he as chosen.

No sympathy for the jerks who selected him for the job, of course they couldn't know the lengths he would go to fill his pockets.  Credit to fat Sam for setting the 67 day record.

I wonder if Sam copied our 'Arry and has an account in his dog's name.

As well as the eight current and recent Premier League managers named by agents, two bosses of Championship clubs were said to have been open to so-called “bungs” – illicit payments.

But they don't/can't name them.

Well I was pretty shocked about this. It's absolutely the right decision, which is the reason I was shocked, i.e. the FA doing the right thing. Like Caesar's wife, the England manager should be above suspicion. He's shown almost unbelievable levels of greed, stupidity and a lack of judgement (although I suppose the greed shouldn't surprise me or anyone else). It's fantastic to see someone like him undone by his own folly and arrogance.

I don't get why RTG want him back. Every transfer deal he's involved with for the foreseeable future is going to be scrutinised by the media, the FA and HRMC who'll be keen not to miss out on any potential taxes. This will keep agents away since then won't want those spotlights shining on them and extend the time needed for any deals while those involved go to lengths to show it's 100% above board.

I think it'll blow over and he'll return to football at the end of the season; he'll refuse to take questions on this, the media will lose interest and that'll be that.

Unless of course this does turn into a bigger issue and more managers become embroiled in it.