Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

This must be the worst fucking PL side I've ever seen, they could barely touch the ball today and while sometimes games like that happen it's like this every week for them. If they break Derby's points tally and have 3 of the worst ever 4 points tallys they should be banned from the league, embarrassing football club. They hold the fact they're still in the PL over us but it's fucking ludicrous, they're not even remotely competing.

Kone couldn't get that mackem top off quick enough at the end there :lol: he'll probably use it to wipe his arse with next.

3 more and it's a full league season without a win. I wonder how many of those games were losses :scratchchin: 

"BUT THEYER PREMYAH LEEG LOSSES!"

"FTM"

:lol:

Remember how much they crowed when they signed him? And how we were just jealous when we laughed at the fact they'd paid £10m for him?

Have to say mind, their signings have been atrocious for so long now that I struggle to think of any decent players they've had recently. Was Gyan the last one?

:lol:

Remember how much they crowed when they signed him? And how we were just jealous when we laughed at the fact they'd paid £10m for him?

Have to say mind, their signings have been atrocious for so long now that I struggle to think of any decent players they've had recently. Was Gyan the last one?

Defoe was an inspired signing, is has to be said. Kirchoff was exactly what they needed last year, but he can't manage more than 60 minutes, it seems. 

I think their biggest problem is that their few good signings are good for 1 thing only, dragging them to safety, that season. They never buy for the future, they have too many shit footballers and too few players with any real quality. Moyes wants them to play a passing game, but they simply don't have players who can do that. And it seems that Short won't give the managers the money to address the weaknesses. 

They've crippling debt and while relegation is something clubs like Aston Villa, Norwich and ourselves can manage in our own ways, I'm not sure that Sunderland would be able to swallow a season or two outside the top flight and the frankly obscene amounts of money that that brings. Didn't they make a £25m loss last season? That's bonkers for a top flight team that isn't pushing for honours.

How are they losing that money though. Where does it go? They can't be paying their team that much more than most other clubs, surely? I guess things like paying 10m for players who never actually join you does stack up in the end but even so...

Aye Ewerk is spot on, they pay absolute fortunes for the shite they have. They paid Adam Johnson more than he was on at City iirc and he was on about 60k a week there so you'd have to assume he was on close to 80k  at the Mackems. 

Defoe has been their best signing for as long as I can remember, they never really have players that are much good. Genuinely can't think of a time they had a player of say Cabaye's level, they're just perennially shite. Shit club with a shit structure, shit owner and shit managers, the fact they fucking love Allardyce shows what a fucking shower they are.

They're definitely fucked for the foreseeable future. They could barely fund themselves this summer when an overhaul was needed for their aging squad. So if they do go down how are they going to fund the team then, especially with no one to sell on for massive profit like we did with Sissoko and Gini.