Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

I agree. Some self harm is much better than war. 

I agree too. Thank fuck its nearly spring though, energy prices are scarify high already. Genuinely don't know how people will cope next winter. 

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Agree with this, but its also wheat. I think Russia produces 25% of the worlds wheat.

The world could do with cutting its carb intake. This could be the making of us. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they're absolutely desperate. 

It does sound that way. No one is coming to save them though, we already know this. They know this. We are letting this happen.

• Like 2

Putin has demanded that the Ukrainian army overthrow their leadership who are all "neo-nazis and genocidal"

Meanwhile, The Council of Europe is has started proceedings to eject Russia.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

450 dead while Ukraine has been close to full capability though. I mean the numbers have seemed light on all sides for two forces supposedly trying to kill each other IMO.

Nevertheless, there will be thousands of body bags heading back to Russia, for what? No sane Russian wants to attack Ukraine. I could see a possible uprising there at some point. 

I have a colleague in the Ukraine who just checked in - old news really but he's confirmed that he's not allowed to leave the country for possible mobilization of men into the armed forces, and that they can't drive anywhere because the Russians are killing civilians at random.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I have a colleague in the Ukraine who just checked in - old news really but he's confirmed that he's not allowed to leave the country for possible mobilization of men into the armed forces, and that they can't drive anywhere because the Russians are killing civilians at random.

Seems like a good way of securing a fraternal bond between the two countries for the USSR mark 2. I saw the footage of that tank crushing a civilian car. Probably a fair few psychos in any army, but I suspect moreso in the case of Russia. 

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Ludicrous and weak response from those nations. Italy's stance (if true) is beyond words.

If Putin invades Germany would they 'understand' if we sat there deliberating over a fucking sanction.

Italy won't ban handbags. Meanwhile we ban Ukrainians?

• Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 1

7 hours ago, Ken said:

Ukrainian govt now telling their citizens to make Molotov cocktails and fight. Is this 1945 or 2022?

That's how you do it, against a huge conventional army though - down and dirty guerilla warfare. Problem is it may make every civilian a "legitimate" military target.

No one's ever dared invade Switzerland (I think?) , you know that every household is armed and will shoot from their windows.