President Biden

Happy Face

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

He might as well have idiots as defence lawyers, he is getting off no matter what.

He could send somebody to just stand up and say, "The defence case is go fuck yourself" and he still get the Republicans to vote to acquit

Yep, this point got made repeatedly yesterday. Kushner apparently said that the only unknown risk is his father in law and the potential to snatch defeat from the hands of victory.

This impeachment trial is just the prelude to all the actual criminal charges he's about to face. Starting with this investigation in Georgia over his attempts to overturn the result there. 

Hard to imagine someone like this suffering consequences, but I fucking hope he does. 

Absolutely pathetic from the Democrats today. Voting to call witnesses then immediately capitulating to a pathetic deal that only worked for the Republicans. 

Weak as piss and Trump gets away with an easy ride yet again. I just hope they get him on the criminal stuff. 

• Like 2

McConnell refusing to hold a trial before inauguration then voting to acquit because you can’t impeach after the president has left office.

Then saying the acquitted is guilty ignoring that the impeachment was voted to be constructed on the first day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

McConnell refusing to hold a trial before inauguration then voting to acquit because you can’t impeach after the president has left office.

Then saying the acquitted is guilty ignoring that the impeachment was voted to be constructed on the first day.

It would seem his hangdog, jowly expression is not due to overindulging  and old age, but to being pulled down by the enormous weight of the balls he has to come out with that speech. 

No doubt Biden'll be getting the blame and Q will be spinning yet more conspiracies but 2 inches of snow in Texas and the place is fucked.

My yank colleagues in Houston around 50% of them without any power since Sunday night and no sign of any of them back online last night (US time)

Richest country in the world and can't keep the lights on !!!!!

over 50% of Texas leccy comes from wind farms and solar evidently and it's all frozen up/knackered

34 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

No doubt Biden'll be getting the blame and Q will be spinning yet more conspiracies but 2 inches of snow in Texas and the place is fucked.

My yank colleagues in Houston around 50% of them without any power since Sunday night and no sign of any of them back online last night (US time)

Richest country in the world and can't keep the lights on !!!!!

over 50% of Texas leccy comes from wind farms and solar evidently and it's all frozen up/knackered

That is so not true, renewables count for 19% of energy.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/economy/fiscal-notes/2020/august/ercot.php

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

That is so not true, renewables count for 19% of energy.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/economy/fiscal-notes/2020/august/ercot.php

I bow to your link.

Hmmm read it on BBC website this a.m. just checked article back and they've changed it to half the state's wind farms knackered. Lad at work said same wrong stat was mentioned on R4 this a.m.

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

I bow to your link.

Hmmm read it on BBC website this a.m. just checked article back and they've changed it to half the state's wind farms knackered. Lad at work said same wrong stat was mentioned on R4 this a.m.

I just didn't think there was any way Texas would let renewables provide that much.

• Like 1