Brighton v Newcastle United

wykikitoon

Whats the score like?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be remiss of me if I didn't fault Rafa for summat, and this time it is for his playing of Goofy at centre-forward. He contributed little or nothing to that position and certainly fluffed a one on one with the keeper opportunity.

Thing that has bothered me for quite a while is the number of back-passes, lateral passes, back to the keeper passes, that we overdo and aren't necessary, and sometimes get a little scary.

Atsu was good today, but he did keep beating himself with his trickery. Great pass to Perez.

Not often you see someone immobile, rooted to the spot, foot never moving, score a goal, but we did in Diame!!

Thought we were class there tbh. Soft as fuck penalty aside they had long range shots that you would expect to be saved, we had 4/5 really good chances.

Flukey goal for the equaliser. Dummet absolutely pocketed that cheating cunt knockaert.

People can start saying we will lose to Huddersfield and we won't go up again tomorrow.

It would be remiss of me if I didn't fault Rafa for summat, and this time it is for his playing of Goofy at centre-forward. He contributed little or nothing to that position and certainly fluffed a one on one with the keeper opportunity.

Thing that has bothered me for quite a while is the number of back-passes, lateral passes, back to the keeper passes, that we overdo and aren't necessary, and sometimes get a little scary.

Atsu was good today, but he did keep beating himself with his trickery. Great pass to Perez.

Not often you see someone immobile, rooted to the spot, foot never moving, score a goal, but we did in Diame!!

Rafa obviously went with a game plan to win a narrow game, gouffrans movement up front is similar to gayles (not saying as good) but to play either of mitrovic or Murphy against their two 6'4" centre backs for 90 minutes would have been pointless IMO.

The one on one was something he earned through his own hard work, neither Murphy or mitrovic would have done that.

Passing the ball backwards means me keep the ball.. Meaning they don't have the ball. How is this hard to understand?

Aye I started panicking and was wishing Rafa would make a sub around the 70th minute, I thought we had missed our window but he obviously knew what he was doing.

I saw the backwards passing as deliberate attempts to lure Brighton as they were trying to bait us in so they could counter. Our lot done well not to overcommit as the game wore on.

Edited by Howay

We were lucky there without a doubt. We didnt deserve to win, they played some good stuff and put pressure on us. At times it looked like they were about to finish us off but glad we got the rub of it. Unlucky for Houghton but we've got to keep on putting pressure on Brighton as its us or them for the top spot.

Sorry but that's bollocks. Thought we'd fucked it up after the first 25 after that it was anyone's game, especially in the knowledge we could change it. A good side would've finished us, but the two best teams played tonight and we completed the double without Haydon and Gayle. Second great movement, 1st spawny, their first iffy as fuck. Hinchcliffe fuck right off. :D

As soon as Colback goes off too eh

Absolutely no coincidence that when that useless cunt goes off we look more dangerous. Why he still gets a game is anyone's guess.

I've give Darlow some stick recently but fuck me he made some saves tonight at crucial times. Fantastic performance. It was fully deserved 3 points. Someone mentioned last week about Madley being in charge and they were totally right, never a penalty but it matters not. Lets stick it up Huddersfield now lads.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

RTG match thread hilarious. They're shit/Rafa's shit-brighton WTF you doing?- they're both shit we're better than both- mags luckiest team ever- it's a shit league we'll not struggle- lucky fucking mags etc.

:lol: :lol:

Better team all day, there. 10 games unbeaten, the wind is with us

If* we look back on this season after promotion, it'll be this comeback and the one vs Norwich that will have been the key moments.

Norwich looked very strong up till that match, and lost momentum after it.  Brighton looked very nervy at 1-1 and I think they might have a bit of a dip in form now.

*I'll change that "if" to a "when" on Saturday, @@Howay. ;)

RTG match thread hilarious. They're shit/Rafa's shit-brighton WTF you doing?- they're both shit we're better than both- mags luckiest team ever- it's a shit league we'll not struggle- lucky fucking mags etc.

:lol: :lol:

It seems completely lost on them that we have improved fucking massively since being the team they finished 1 point above (also ignoring the fact that if Rafa had come in a few games earlier we'd have stayed up). It's also worth noting they've probably got worse over the same period. They're in for a real shock if they think they can match what we've done this season, they'll be closer to resembling Villa iyam.

I tell you what Dummett has had his knockers, including myself, but I thought he had a decent game last night.

Colback needs to be left out ASAP.  He offers NOTHING.  I agree with the RTG kid, Ginger Piss Biscuit is his new name.

A deserved win if not through 100% deserved circumstances. Had Murphy or Atsu put their chances away from the 'keeper a 2-1 win would seem just.

Win against Huddersfield and we go 11pts clear of 3rd and, if Brighton don't bounce back against Forest, 4-5pts clear of 2nd.

Huddersfield will be a massive game, but they play Man city tonight and injuries to key players, a humiliating defeat, a gruelling battle into penalties, are all possibilities. Impossible to predict how they'd react to that as well. A humiliating 4-0 might give them a fire in their belly to bounce back, or it could crush their spirits. A win against Premier League opposition could fill them with confidence, or it could lead to complacency...

Huddersfield are all about the hard-pressing style, so I don't think Gouffran's bang average movement would reap any rewards, but a 'Big Man' might. Each player is going to be under a lot of pressure, so we shouldn't play powder puff midfielders like Perez (despite his goal), or a liability like Colback. I'd prefer Diame and Hayden, but I'm not sure if the latter is fit?

I would play Murphy up front and drop Diame back and tell Colback not to bother getting out of bed.

Despite some of Atsu misses and poor crosses I want him to start too.  He is fast as fuck and exciting and offers us something else.  He grafted like fuck too.

I tell you what Dummett has had his knockers, including myself, but I thought he had a decent game last night.

The defensive side of his game is fairly sound, but fuck me, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. He's way too cautious for a full back too, offering little on the overlap and when he does get forward he rarely gets a decent ball into the box. I think he might one day make a half decent centre half as long as he's paired with one who can play a bit.

Edited by Dr Gloom

The defensive side of his game is fairly sound, but fuck me, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. He's way too cautious for a full back too, offering little on the overlap and when he does get forward he rarely gets a decent ball into the box. I think he might one day make a half decent centre half as long as he's paired with one who can play a bit.

Aye, fully agree.

There was a couple of times when there was a loaf of space in front of him last night.  Shelvey had the ball and you could see he was pointing and telling him to make a run and just wouldnt.

I would play Murphy up front and drop Diame back and tell Colback not to bother getting out of bed.

Despite some of Atsu misses and poor crosses I want him to start too. He is fast as fuck and exciting and offers us something else. He grafted like fuck too.

Me too - is it too adventurous to play diame next to shelvey though? We wouldn't want shelvey suddenly taking it on himself to do the enforcer role. He's already a walking red card. I think mitro's season and toon career might be all but done now.

--------shelvey------diame

Ritchie-----Perez---------Atsu

--------------Murphy