Newcastle United v Fulham 11/03/2017

The Fish

NUFC v FFC  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swear I saw somewhere that Anita picked up a knock and that's why Gamez played.

I think I'm being hopeful as I think Rafa prefers Anita to Yedlin, so I'm hoping he was finally dropped due to the fact he's not very good rather than injury. If he is injured hopefully it's another good stint he's out for as it's one less of the gruesome twosome to watch during matches. 

They're stats and stats are statistically proven to be shite

:lol: well, there is that.

I think I'm being hopeful as I think Rafa prefers Anita to Yedlin, so I'm hoping he was finally dropped due to the fact he's not very good rather than injury. If he is injured hopefully it's another good stint he's out for as it's one less of the gruesome twosome to watch during matches. 

How was Gamez? I didn't see much of the game at all. He's not been convincing when I have seen him previously.

How was Gamez? I didn't see much of the game at all. He's not been convincing when I have seen him previously.

No idea either, I only listened to the match and I missed most the 2nd half. I agree he's been a bit shaky but I suppose he hasn't had many chances, I still think Yedlin is far and away our best option currently at RB. I think Yedlin was also ok in the PL with the mackems which is encouraging especially as he'll have improved a bit under Rafa's coaching, I still think both full back slots are slightly shaky (LB especially obviously) going into next season but I don't think RB will need automatic upgrading like some positions are screaming for.

I thought Gamez was decent for someone who's played so little recently.  He did seem to get caught out of position a couple of times while trying to go forward.  He looks like he wants to get forward more than Anita (though not as much as Yedlin which isn't a surprise). I think he looks like a proper footballer and will be decent if he gets a proper run.

Fwiw I think Rafa did prefer Anita to Yedlin but I think that has changed in the past couple of months.  I think he sees Yedlin as first choice now.

I thought Gamez was decent for someone who's played so little recently.  He did seem to get caught out of position a couple of times while trying to go forward.  He looks like he wants to get forward more than Anita (though not as much as Yedlin which isn't a surprise). I think he looks like a proper footballer and will be decent if he gets a proper run.

Fwiw I think Rafa did prefer Anita to Yedlin but I think that has changed in the past couple of months.  I think he sees Yedlin as first choice now.

Hope you're right DK, also good to hear Gamez looked capable. 

I think Anita's best position is right back (he's honestly a joke in CM like Colback), however he looks like what he is there, a bloke playing out of position. He rarely looks to go forward, and when he does he often chooses the wrong run, offers little support to the winger ahead of him. He is a poor passer of the ball, he isn't particularly quick (which led to a dangerously positioned free kick for Hudds), his positioning isn't great (so not many interceptions), weak in the tackle and prone to mistiming them, he's very short and not that good at jumping so he's pretty useless aerially. I honestly don't like watching him play, much like I don't like watching Colback, I can obviously stomach them for now (especially when there aren't really any other options due to injuries etc) but I look forward to the day neither are NUFC players.

I'm probably being harsh on them, and I'm obviously a little over the top on some points but I just think the two of them don't do anything well at all. I do understand Rafa playing him early on over Yedlin but like I say going forward I hope he picks Yedlin (or Gamez if he kicks on) over the little nightmare.

Edited by Howay

I've only seen Gamez when he came on vs Brighton and when he started against Blackburn but went off with a bad injury (had to be stretchered off). Looks a tad radge, if you go on his YouTube reel the first thing you see is him cynically fouling Neymar then headbutting him :lol: but he seems to be a bit of a leader and he has to be at least decent, with him being at Atletico Madrid. 

Hope you're right DK, also good to hear Gamez looked capable.

I think Anita's best position is right back (he's honestly a joke in CM like Colback), however he looks like what he is there, a bloke playing out of position. He rarely looks to go forward, and when he does he often chooses the wrong run, offers little support to the winger ahead of him. He is a poor passer of the ball, he isn't particularly quick (which led to a dangerously positioned free kick for Hudds), his positioning isn't great (so not many interceptions), weak in the tackle and prone to mistiming them, he's very short and not that good at jumping so he's pretty useless aerially. I honestly don't like watching him play, much like I don't like watching Colback, I can obviously stomach them for now (especially when there aren't really any other options due to injuries etc) but I look forward to the day neither are NUFC players.

I'm probably being harsh on them, and I'm obviously a little over the top on some points but I just think the two of them don't do anything well at all. I do understand Rafa playing him early on over Yedlin but like I say going forward I hope he picks Yedlin (or Gamez if he kicks on) over the little nightmare.

Great arse though

I think we are on a slippery slope for the Fulham game and I hope Rafa's plan includes the issue of  pitons and hob-nailed boots so we get a good grip and don't fall on our arse.

Funny game this, I hate playing Fulham as from my alcohol addled memory we've had quite a few shit results over the years including at home, so wouldn't be surprised at a slip up. On the other hand.....Rafa, Brighton win last night, Rafa, Shelvey-Ritchie-Gayle all starting a game in the same game, Rafa strong finishes, being at home, Rafa, we're stronger, Rafa.

:good:

(Head says 3-0, haunted memories says 0-1). :lol:

I really do think this is going to be difficult. Fulham are a good side. I just wonder if, as Rafa alluded to yesterday, they might come here and attack us a bit more than other sides have. That would play into our hands. Hopefully the crowd will be patient if needed (a bit like in the Derby game).

Apparently not on TV anywhere in the world so no streams. It seems we're only shown abroad if we're playing Rotherham. I'd love to know which games the broadcasters pick for the Championship each week.

Who've they face in the last 6 though?

4 Leeds D (h)

9 Preston W (h)

13 Cardiff D (a)

18 Forest W (h)

22 Bristol W (a)

23 Wigan W (h)

2017-03-04-ch-att.png

2017-03-04-ch-def.png

They're a good side going forward, but they do give up a lot of shots. Plus, we owe them.

Hmmmmm