The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

24 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

But we had better players.

Certainly had a lot more experience and ability to 'manage a game' at this level.

there was a core of players last time with top flight experience, albeit some still with a point to prove. the current vintage are way less experienced. 

the manager is what we have going for us this time around. 

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

there was a core of players last time with top flight experience, albeit some still with a point to prove. the current vintage are way less experienced. 

the manager is what we have going for us this time around. 

Clark, Dummet, Diame, Perez, Gayle and Shelvey have played quite a lot of top flight games tbf. Not as much as some of our squad last time but we still have a decent amount of PL experience in there.

Then the likes of Mitro and Ritchie have a season at least.

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We certainly had Carroll capable of troubling defences.

Mitr:MITRO:

Edited by The Fish

I'm happy go lucky me.

I'm not blind though.  But as Gloomy says, we do have a better manager this time even if Hughton is a good bloke who did an excellent job for us.  I'd be over the moon if Rafa guides us to a better position than Hughton did.

45 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

What miserable neurotic bastards you's two are mind, I can't wait for us to do well this season just to shut you boring fuckers up. 

I'm positively chipper compared to trooper. 

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

What miserable neurotic bastards you's two are mind, I can't wait for us to do well this season just to shut you boring fuckers up. 

Ive had enough of it. Some complete cock end on twitter claimed our support was going into the season "divided", presumably on the strength of someone or other being vaguely positive about the season ahead. Basically coming across as he was some sort of uniquely gifted "seer", he alone only able to see that Rafa is being fucked over....others are "blinkered", maybe those who pointed out that Burnley signing Jonathan Walters from Stoke isn't actually that much to be scared of... :glare: 

Winger isn't he? Rubbish anyway, I hope this isn't what we're reduced to. I don't care at all about his China comments - the furor over that was a perfect nonsense - but the fact remains that he just isn't very good, and we have loads of wingers already. 

6 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Winger isn't he? Rubbish anyway, I hope this isn't what we're reduced to. I don't care at all about his China comments - the furor over that was a perfect nonsense - but the fact remains that he just isn't very good, and we have loads of wingers already. 

What you basing that on? And who are our loads of wingers? 

I understand Kenedy also plays at left back, and he can't be rubbish having played for Brasil's under 20's and Fluminese, and signed for Chelsea for about 6m.

Sometimes signings just don't fit as we already know.

Loads of shitters get Brazil caps. He got on quite a bit for Jose the season before last and I read he was injured a bit last season. Looks like he might be a decent enough option for us. If anything it means Rafa has sorted a position out at little cost, meaning we can use our resources elsewhere.