The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Linked to Tammy Anderson from Chelsea with Brighton also given permission to speak to him. Scored 26 goals for Bristol City this past season.

Abraham?

The Bristol

3 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Linked to Tammy Anderson from Chelsea with Brighton also given permission to speak to him. Scored 26 goals for Bristol City this past season.

Tammy Anderson works behind the bar down the club, she's got a cracking pair of Bristols on her.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Guardians rumour mill for today says we're in for William Carvalho from Sporting, which would make sense and an 18 year old winger from Caen, which would also make sense.

but let's just play fantasy football manager for a minute - is he worth that kind of money? bit of a gamble for a player who has never played in one of europe's top leagues. 

Only ever seen him a couple of times for Portugal.  Seems to have been linked to Arsenal for the last decade.  If Wenger has decided against him he's probably the sort of midfield monster they have been crying out for for years.

I forgot how fucking ludicrous transfer windows are, that was one benefit of being in a lower league. We weren't linked with every daft cunt registered as a professional footballer.

Edited by Anorthernsoul
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Linked with Pepe Reina? Why? Got enough keepers and he's well past it.

What makes you say that? hes 34 which means hes got a few years left at a good level as a keeper these days.

He's Napolis starting keeper as well, who are about to finish 2nd or 3rd in the league so he can't be that bad.

I think the last thing we need is a keeper, especially one that's at the arse end of his career.

We extended Krul's contract by one year which seemed to me to be a mutual benefit to both club and Krul in terms of him not dropping down a league and fighting for a place after injury; earning him a chance to go back to his home country and play a season in their league, without affecting his contract here.

There could be two reasons for this.

!. Benitez rates him and wants him back as number 1 , assuming premier league status, which we have now got.

2. Benitez is simply protecting  the club's sell on valuation (whatever that may be) and was not willing to allow the contract to run down so the vultures could come picking.

The thing is, if it's the first option, then Elliot and Darlow are not going to both sit back and wait. At least one would want out, I would imagine.

Krul hasn't exactly set the bed alight since regaining fitness after injury and never actually did so before he was injured, so his value must be pretty low, I would think.

Personally I'd he more than happy to have Elliot as number 1 with Darlow as back up and sell Krul.

I'd definitely keep Elliot as number 1 whatever happens as regards any of our keepers, because I think he's the more reliable keeper.