The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

51 minutes ago, Ant said:

yup,

ability wise if mitro started games he'd easily be a 1 in 3 striker at worst for us tbh, i think he's decent and will improve, but to get the game time under Rafa he's going need to show he won't lose the head, which hopefully he's on the way to doing.

When Gayle was out, he couldn't keep Murphy out of the team, man. Ironically, the one thing I've been impressed with him at doing this (last) season was keeping his cool in the box to set people up but there's times where he just completely lacks the instinct to get into positions in and around the 6 yard box and there's been entire 90 minutes where I've sat and watched him lose every header to centre halves. Convince someone he's worth what he paid and invest the money in a proper target man IMO.

• Like 1

Mitro's an intelligent player but he lacks pace.

He's the type of player that can look extremely potent or extremely ineffective depending on how a team is set out.

A top striker will adapt to all kinds of tactics and Mitro could potentially do that but would need to up his game considerably.

There's nothing wrong with his enthusiasm but plenty wrong with how he's worked on and bullied, in terms of his reactions to it all, which kills his game off in many aspects.

I still like him though and would be happy if Rafa could spend the time honing him.

His first season stats flatter to deceive, he's a tidy enough player but ultimately not ruthless enough in front of goal and definitely not mobile enough to play on his own. He'll be an alright player for a team that plays 2 up front i.e not us. Us persevering with him at this point would be an act of self harm

5 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I don't understand Abraham at all.  An unproven striker at top level is not what we need at all for me.  If we end up with him and someone else proven who's going to be ahead of him in the pecking order then fair enough but if we'd be bringing him in to play a lot then I don't get it.

Andy Cole MKII and from Bristol City just like the original model. (fingers crossed). ;)

20 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

From what I've read Chelsea won't be giving us the option

Sounds like a shit deal then, doesn't it?

Have to play him regardless of his performances and if they're good enough we don't have an option to keep him? If someone offered me that deal I'd tell them to fuck off. Abraham was decent at Championship level, but so was Gayle, so was Jordan Rhodes. We'd be better off buying a player now, or loaning someone who doesn't have a deal so heavily weighted against us. 

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Benitez wouldn't agree to being required to play him mind. Not a chance

Exactly. 

Unless he was 100% sure that he'd be good enough to be 1st choice. Like, if we loaned Eusebio at his peak, then aye, we'd happily agree to a clause saying we had to play him. But we're not, we're loaning Tammy Abraham who's scored as many Premier League goals as I have.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Exactly. 

Unless he was 100% sure that he'd be good enough to be 1st choice. Like, if we loaned Eusebio at his peak, then aye, we'd happily agree to a clause saying we had to play him. But we're not, we're loaning Tammy Abraham who's scored as many Premier League goals as I have.

Not for any player. Competition of places is his main motivational tool. He'd never agree to it for any player even if he thought a player wouldbbe first choice. What would happen if they didn't settle or were out of form? The parent club would effectively be picking his side for him. No way 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Apparently Rafa wants two in (just something I read in the Chronicle like) but not sure how similar Semedo and this chap are.

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

City signed him for peanuts and never played him. I wonder if this means the end of the semedo deal. Sporting have been kept

waiting a couple of days for us to complete the paperwork apparently 

Nufc.com suggested that deal was rubbished 

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I can't claim to know anything about him.

Same here, played 33 times in la liga last season for Eibar and has a good average rating over the season according to Whoscored.

My mate's company handles our official e-mail marketing and they cancelled a meeting on Thursday since they were busy finalising paperwork for a communication to be sent out tomorrow so someone may well be announced then. Either that or they're showing off the new away kit.