The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Will that be the second highest fee for a keeper after Man City's recent purchase? I can't remember how much Buffon was. Unbelievable to spunk that sort of money on him like. 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Will that be the second highest fee for a keeper after Man City's recent purchase? I can't remember how much Buffon was. Unbelievable to spunk that sort of money on him like. 

Buffon was £33 million apparently, so Pickford would be the third most expensive goalkeeper of all time

Just now, Andrew said:

Buffon was £33 million apparently, so Pickford would be the third most expensive goalkeeper of all time

Ah right aye figured Buffon was somewhere around there. Stunning amount for a keeper like, especially a keeper that was in the worst team in the league. Makes you wonder how much someone like Butland would be 'worth' in this market, similar age iirc and he's far better imo. 

Just now, Rayvin said:

Tbf to the mackems, if Sissoko is worth 30m...

Keepers have been fairly exempt from this sort of thing though, the Buffon fee has been the world record since the late 90's iirc. I agree Sissoko fee was probably more of a joke than this one but midfielders generally go for mental money, as Fulham rejecting £20m for a 26 year old Championship player shows. 

The Mackems must be buzzing, they'll probably be able to use about £2m of this fee to get themselves a shit player. 

They've certainly got a good £10m more than I thought they could get for him.  I'd be a bit nervous about spending that type of money on him if I were Everton.  Yes he looked good for the mackems last season but I remember Rob Green looking brilliant for QPR (?) a few seasons ago when they got relegated.  When you're getting that much to do you're going to end up making some saves just by law of averages.  You could argue that without a team of circus performers in front of him, he should do even better but it doesn't always work like that.  It'll be interesting to see.

Everton must be confident they're going to get a ridiculous amount for Lukaku and Barkley to spunk this much on a keeper though.  I think Sunderland have had their eyes out personally.

7 hours ago, Alex said:

They've got a good record of making money out of keepers like.

When you're shit it's a great platform for a keeper to impress.

I'd honestly love it if he came back, loved watching him play and the fury of certain members of our support would be delightful.

4 minutes ago, Ant said:

:lol: 

gotta have some enjoyment hoping in the transfer window before we sign some boring as fuck lads we don't give two shits about

Have to admit when we signed Ritchie and Diame I was pleased, but I knew they wouldn't get me out my seat like Ben Arfa did. Obviously someone like Ritchie is better suited to Benitez's systems, and he's a good player and was arguably our Player of the season, but he never had me expecting the magical whenever he received the ball like Benny did.

I anticipate Ewerk and Gemmill are downing enough gallons of water to sufficiently dowse my chips in piss as I type this.

Are the takeover rumours delaying business? Should we even be expecting anything this early in the window? I've seen a few bed wetters on Twitter but I'm not panicking yet.

Ben Arfa definitely doesn't seem like a Benitez player, I agree, but he is exactly the type of flair player we need. Remember he never successfully played number 10 for us though.

19 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

Are the takeover rumours delaying business? Should we even be expecting anything this early in the window? I've seen a few bed wetters on Twitter but I'm not panicking yet.

Ben Arfa definitely doesn't seem like a Benitez player, I agree, but he is exactly the type of flair player we need. Remember he never successfully played number 10 for us though.

For all it would be a romantic reunion, there's just no chance Ben Arfa will play for us again.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Has any significant business been done yet by anyone?

Everton are making waves, £30m on Pickford, £26m on Klaassen. Man Utd have bought Lindelof for £31m

14 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

A mate of mine has met Simon Stainrod twice, I've met him once. Stainrod acted as hba's representative/fixer/mentor/go to man for the time hatem was with us. I met him in Den Haag after we'd played a pre season match there in 2012. A lad who was with us asked Stainrod about hatem playing more in the middle for us and Stainrod told us unequivocally that he didn't see himself doing it, whilst in England at any rate. I didn't mention this at the time because my mate suggested it was a private conversation and wasn't for general forum consumption. But it's 5 years on from there now so fuck him :D 

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

A mate of mine has met Simon Stainrod twice, I've met him once. Stainrod acted as hba's representative/fixer/mentor/go to man for the time hatem was with us. I met him in Den Haag after we'd played a pre season match there in 2012. A lad who was with us asked Stainrod about hatem playing more in the middle for us and Stainrod told us unequivocally that he didn't see himself doing it, whilst in England at any rate. I didn't mention this at the time because my mate suggested it was a private conversation and wasn't for general forum consumption. But it's 5 years on from there now so fuck him :D 

And then he ended up at Nice and had probably the most influential season of his career as a 10.

More for good old Hatem than anyone else but I'm willing to excuse anyone whose time here coincided entirely with Pardew being manager for anything basically.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

And then he ended up at Nice and had probably the most influential season of his career as a 10.

More for good old Hatem than anyone else but I'm willing to excuse anyone whose time here coincided entirely with Pardew being manager for anything basically.

He didn't fancy coming up against the premier league centre backs.  The wee French prick is soft as shite man :lol: