The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

55 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Every one if those signings not happening are all shite anyway. Navas barely assisted or scored in a good city side so I'd stay well clear. Andre Gray is just a shite Dwight Gayle too.

I wouldn't mind seeing us sign Murphy, I think he's got far more end product about him than that Traore we're linked with.

Agree completely about Navas, I never understood how he played so often for Man City as his final product was shocking, he barely got any goals or assists for a side that spent the majority of games on the attack. Agree about Gray as well, I don't see him as being an improvement on Gayle and I'm not sure he'd want to come here and be the back up.

Really hope the Ojo thing is rubbish as well, he's had two pretty uneventful loan spells in the Championship and I'd rather us just sign a player outright. If we were going to loan him I'd hope it was a deal similar to Atsu with an agreed fee clause.

I agree with KD about Reina and Gibbs too, Delph I'm not fond of but he is an improvement on Colback (anything that pushes him further down the pecking order is a plus). I've never been a big fan of Reina but one of his major pluses is his distribution which could be vital if we're going to set up to counter.

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He travelled to St George's Park on his wedding anniversary to convince Tammy Abraham to sign and the club still fucked it up 

He's trying everything he can yet it seems the negotiators (Charnley etc) seem to be making a right arse of it. Giving up his holidays & his wedding anniversary, knocked back for 4 deals today. He must be getting close to tell Ashley to stick it.

8 minutes ago, strawb said:

Lets hope he hurries up and gets on with it, so you can pack in banging on about it being a possibility 

Hey if your happy with the lack of signings crack on. i thought this was an open forum & everyone was allowed an opinion.

Not happy with the lack of signings, however me posting my displeasure about it repeatedly on a forum isn't going to change much.

Of course it's an open forum and everyone is allowed their opinion, but that also leaves your opinion open to comments from others. I think your posts always have a negative spin but that's just like, my opinion, man.

all im doing is pointing out the bloke has given up his own personal time to get these deals done & he must be very dissapointed (as you'd expect) i suppose the press conference before friday's game should be very interesting as he's bound to be asked about the lack of signings. 

The whole 'other clubs have signed no-one' doesn't wash either. Other clubs had squads capable of staying up in the premier league last season. We don't at present. Look at how many games Anita and Gouffran played last season, we haven't replaced either. And that's before we try to improve on the likes of Lascelles, Darlow, Dummet, Mitrovic. If Richie or Atsu get injured we are down to permacrock Aarons as our only back up option on the wing 

Fuck me man Trooper the world won't stop turning if we don't spend  20 million on a centre half who has barely played a dozen first team games for anyone as some of our competitors are doing. Everyone, for fuck sakes chill the fuck out and let's see what happens. It's almost as if the last 18 months with Rafa count for fuck all this summer. I trust him, I don't trust Ashley and I completely accept that Rafa could have the rug pulled from underneath him by the fatman. But it's unlikely at the moment a month out from the start of the season with Rafa in charge of who comes in with no interfearance and a good track record in the transfer market.    

We probably won't get everyone we want but when do we ever?  All this knicker wetting is fuckin preposterous compared with various relegation scenarios I've experienced over the last near on 40 years so for fucks sakes folks get some perspective, clucking away like a bunch of monochrome chicken lickens scared shitless that the sky will fall in if we don't pay 50 million for a poor mans Pedro is as boring as it is unrealistic.Get a grip for fucks sakes man. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Arnautovic has apparently handed in a transfer request at Stoke. I'd take him. 

There's over a month or so until the start of the season. If our squad is the same as it currently is then yeah I'd be worried but right now isn't the time to worry.

West Ham had a £15 million bid rejected yesterday so your looking at £20-£25 million. Can't see them spending that on him.

37 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The whole 'other clubs have signed no-one' doesn't wash either. Other clubs had squads capable of staying up in the premier league last season. We don't at present. Look at how many games Anita and Gouffran played last season, we haven't replaced either. And that's before we try to improve on the likes of Lascelles, Darlow, Dummet, Mitrovic. If Richie or Atsu get injured we are down to permacrock Aarons as our only back up option on the wing 

I agree that we need to improve the team and squad but I think they are some very poor teams in the league.

Take Burnley as an example, who would get in our team from them? Tom Heaton? Didn't they finish 12th the season just gone? I'm not saying I would be happy to go with what we have, far from it, but if your team has a way of playing that they buy into (like Burnley) then worse teams than us (even at present) have had "decent" seasons.

For what it's worth, I think lack of outgoings is hampering in comings. You can only name 25 players over 21 years old afaik, we must have about 30 odd. If we can't get rid of some then we aren't going to pay their wages and just not register them.

50 minutes ago, strawb said:

I agree that we need to improve the team and squad but I think they are some very poor teams in the league.

Take Burnley as an example, who would get in our team from them? Tom Heaton? Didn't they finish 12th the season just gone? I'm not saying I would be happy to go with what we have, far from it, but if your team has a way of playing that they buy into (like Burnley) then worse teams than us (even at present) have had "decent" seasons.

For what it's worth, I think lack of outgoings is hampering in comings. You can only name 25 players over 21 years old afaik, we must have about 30 odd. If we can't get rid of some then we aren't going to pay their wages and just not register them.

You cant say that because Burnley have no superstars they have a worse team than us. We went down with Wijnaldum, Janmaat, Sissoko et al. The last time we were relegated with Owen, Martins, Viduka and Duff in the team

Bournemouth and Burnley are cohesive hard working teams as opposed to a group of individuals like we looked during some games last season

Edited by Kid Dynamite

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuck me man Trooper the world won't stop turning if we don't spend  20 million on a centre half who has barely played a dozen first team games for anyone as some of our competitors are doing. Everyone, for fuck sakes chill the fuck out and let's see what happens. It's almost as if the last 18 months with Rafa count for fuck all this summer. I trust him, I don't trust Ashley and I completely accept that Rafa could have the rug pulled from underneath him by the fatman. But it's unlikely at the moment a month out from the start of the season with Rafa in charge of who comes in with no interfearance and a good track record in the transfer market.    

We probably won't get everyone we want but when do we ever?  All this knicker wetting is fuckin preposterous compared with various relegation scenarios I've experienced over the last near on 40 years so for fucks sakes folks get some perspective, clucking away like a bunch of monochrome chicken lickens scared shitless that the sky will fall in if we don't pay 50 million for a poor mans Pedro is as boring as it is unrealistic.Get a grip for fucks sakes man. 

I imagined that you had a voice like Terry-Thomas while I was reading this.  Do you?  David Niven, perhaps?  B)

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You cant say that because Burnley have no superstars they have a worse team than us. We went down with Wijnaldum, Janmaat, Sissoko et al. The last time we were relegated with Owen, Martins, Viduka and Duff in the team

Bournemouth and Burnley are cohesive hard working teams as opposed to a group of individuals like we looked during some games last season

That's exactly what I'm saying. 

Im expecting signings but I don't think they will be a "superstar" level, as I don't think it's realistic, at least this season.

If (maybe a big one) we are a cohesive hard working team this season (and this is where we have Rafa and those teams have much worse), then those teams don't (generally) have much better players than us. So a mid table finish could be realistic no?

6 minutes ago, strawb said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. 

Im expecting signings but I don't think they will be a "superstar" level, as I don't think it's realistic, at least this season.

If (maybe a big one) we are a cohesive hard working team this season (and this is where we have Rafa and those teams have much worse), then those teams don't (generally) have much better players than us. So a mid table finish could be realistic no?

Why is it unrealistic to expect super stars coming to the club ? This is what i dont understand why settle for second tier  players ? there should be enough in the war chests to be able to afford a couple of these £20 million players ok they're not Pogba or Lakaku but its not unreasonable to expect that. I dont want us hanging around in the bottom 5/6 all season then clinging on in the run in for survival like Sunderland have. We should at the very least aim for a comfortable mid table finish this season with an aim to push on next season. We'll never get a better manager or chance so why not expect that.

£20 million doesn't get you a superstar anymore mate.

I agree we should be aim for a decent mid table finish this season (13th - 9th would be a fantastic first season back imo). Also agree we have the right manager in place.

1 hour ago, LooneyToony said:

I imagined that you had a voice like Terry-Thomas while I was reading this.  Do you?  David Niven, perhaps?  B)

:lol:

Aye, David Niven's voice double is wor Robert. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

:good:

Also this:

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

My sheets are sopping tbf