The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

19 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Don't worry, we're not.

Aye I didn't really think we would be, massively outlandish fee for us. I'd be surprised if we spent 25m on a player nevermind over 40m. 

18 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye I didn't really think we would be, massively outlandish fee for us. I'd be surprised if we spent 25m on a player nevermind over 40m. 

I'll be really upset if we don't hit around the £20m mark on a couple of players but I can't see us getting to £30m+ this season.  Maybe next year if we stay up.

So if he signs for Athletico he can't play for them for 6 months, which I believe he's on the record as being fine with.

It's also out that Conte messaged him at the end of the season saying he wasn't in chelseas plans for next season, which Costa put out on twitter or instagram or some shit which has hauled the price they could get for him through the floor.

I guess its also possible that Athletico had a sell on/buy back clause for if chelsea ever were selling him which has resulted in just 22 million changing hands

10 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Other journo's saying any deal is a way off yet. In other news Man U are trying to hijack the Lukaku to Chelsea deal with a part ex with Rooney

Surely that would up the price for Lukaku these days.

12 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

I was surprised he wasn't their first target as Morata has only warmed the bench for Madrid and 70 million is way overpriced for him.

He wasn't as much of a bit part player as you might think last season tbf, and his goal record in the time he did play is definitely impressive https://www.whoscored.com/Players/91213/Show/Álvaro-Morata

3 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Surely that would up the price for Lukaku these days.

How stupid is that? Wasn't Mourino the one that got shot of Lukaku when he was a Chelsea?

Prices are out of control since this new tv deal tbf. Lukaku has a good goal record overall but iirc I saw somewhere that it's not great against sides in the top 6. 

44 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently Anita is signing for Leeds :lol:

Apparently he was going to sign for the mackems but read on RTG that few nufc players would get into their team even now, so joined the Yorkshire's most reviled club instead.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Apparently he was going to sign for the mackems but read on RTG that few nufc players would get into their team even now, so joined the Yorkshire's most reviled club instead.

:lol:

The worry is that most clubs are on board with the silly prices and are still looking to buy players. We seem to be more interested in loaning other teams kids. There's not much point in having youth teams if we insist on blooding other teams kids instead of our own

45 minutes ago, Ant said:

Nevermind lukaku there's players with literally one season under their belts like mbapee having £70m + bids rejected

it's insane, tv money is to blame like but the clubs willing to spend it on transfers is the other issue, they've all fucked themselves over by holding each other to ransom, it means even bog standard average players approaching 30 are being sold between shit teams like Hull are going for £10m or more even, and on top of that they can maybe snag the odd player above their stature by completely blowing their budget and wage structure on players that frankly they shouldn't be anywhere near attracting.

Aye you're right like, quotes of over 100m for an 18 year old that's had one good season in France and a decent showing in the CL. Insanity. It's fucked really that's why I hope Ashley has a rethink and stops thinking 14m for a player is splashing out or we'll be fucked.