The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Reminds me of Hodor.

Ā 

We've been looking at him for about 3 seasons now and I still don't really get the attraction.

Ā 

Got a lot of goals in Portugal and 1/3 in Germany. Still looks like a clogger to me. Worth about 15m tops. No pace, balding and lumbering. Good with the head.

Ā 

You need something silky and pure for the PL. Something that glides over the turf and keeps the back four nervous all match.

Edited by Park Life

34 goals in 31 games last seasonĀ 

Ā 

36 in 85 at Wolfsburg before that

Ā 

45 in 66 at Heerenveen

Ā 

Decent strike rates going back to 2010

Forget the Dutch and Portuguese league stats. The Wolfsburg ones are the only guide that mean anything. In all games 1/3. That isn't bad. But in the PL you want a striker that has pace and can beat a man. We aren't going to be dominating sides and chances will be at a premium...We need a striker that has the tools to sometimes beat a man and make his own chances. The way Benny will set up our striker will be up against 2 def most of the time. With a slow striker we'll never turn a def and they will push up against Dost.

Edited by Park Life

Wouldn't touch him with yours. We've been linked for so long it'll be another Thauvin situation, he blatantly doesn't fancy coming here but we'll throw enough cash at him to make him dirty his boots a few times a match. Avoid at all costs.

Ā 

Ā 

Apparently Rooney and Giroud to Everton are almost done deals

Ā 

RooneyĀ 

Giroud

Klaasen

Pickford

Ramirez

Keane

Ā 

not a bad window. And they will probably still have a +net transfer spend after selling Stones, Lukaku and Barkley

Edited by Kid Dynamite

That's if they sell Lukaku and Barkley. The danger with buying before you've sold is that clubs know that you have to sell and that can push the price down unless you get a bidding war going.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That's if they sell Lukaku and Barkley. The danger with buying before you've sold is that clubs know that you have to sell and that can push the price down unless you get a bidding war going.

Ā 

Theyre hardly worse off if they keep them though. And as they're now owned by a billionaire they can afford it

:lol:Ā I probably am, I just recall reading something about the plight of Sunderland, and how their financial mismanagement over 3 years was going to make it very difficult for them to manoeuvre in the championship. I think FFP considers the loss made by the club over a three year period - so I guess it would depend how financially stable Everton have been for the past two years.

11 hours ago, Park Life said:

Reminds me of Hodor.

Ā 

We've been looking at him for about 3 seasons now and I still don't really get the attraction.

Ā 

Got a lot of goals in Portugal and 1/3 in Germany. Still looks like a clogger to me. Worth about 15m tops. No pace, balding and lumbering. Good with the head.

Ā 

You need something silky and pure for the PL. Something that glides over the turf and keeps the back four nervous all match.

Ā 

Like Costa, Drogba, Shearer, Rooney and Kane?

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:Ā I probably am, I just recall reading something about the plight of Sunderland, and how their financial mismanagement over 3 years was going to make it very difficult for them to manoeuvre in the championship. I think FFP considers the loss made by the club over a three year period - so I guess it would depend how financially stable Everton have been for the past two years.

Ā 

They've been losing money for a couple of years now but not massive amounts. With the TV deal in place I'd say they'll be okay with FFP.

54 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Ā 

Like Costa, Drogba, Shearer, Rooney and Kane?

Ā 

None of thoseĀ were immobile though, except perhaps Shearer and Rooney in their later years.

Ā 

Drogba is about as good an example as you're going to find of a player suited to the modern loneĀ striker role: equally comfortable holding it upĀ with his back to goal as he is getting in behind. Pace, strength, skill - and he could finish inside and outside the box.