Other Games 18/19

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Spurs take the lead in Madrid :o 

Theyve been decent tbf, the fuckin cockney twats...

Should have won apparently, Man City win and Liverpool score a record 7-0 away win.

A good night for the Premier League.

1 hour ago, rogerbarton said:

Spurs remain - for now - the least loathesome of the 'big' clubs. I like the manager and how they play too. Eriksen, Alli, Son and Kane are superb.

Cant do with Alli but aye, I dont mind em tbh.

Think Kane is mint like, but dont see him being there next season if they dont win anything this season.

I've got family from Hertfordshire who were spuds through and through (not so much now) and followed them all over in the 80s, so have a bit of a soft spot for them. Plus there was the Gazza and Waddle connection. And that Danny B was a sound lad as well.

Only “big” club I don’t mind is Man City. Their fans have been through some right shite.

I like Pochettino and some of their players but Alli is a bellend and I can’t bring myself to like them, similarly I like Koop but still despise Liverpool. I work with a few scousers mind so that probably makes it worse

I don't mind Liverpool's home grown fans so much tbh, it's the 25 year olds living at home in Hertfordshire who support them I can't stand. Where's when it comes to Man U, I find the Manchester based fans as obnoxious as their glory hunting global arseholes. There's just something about most London fans that I find bizarre, they're fucking weirdos. Man City fans were always cheeky bastards, they've actually lost something when they hit the jackpot but I'm sure they'll take it. :lol: Chelsea can fuck right off.

I live in Manchester and most of the man Utd fans here know fuck all about football, I know it's a cliche but they truly are the talk sport generation. Even the older ones. The man city fans seem more knowledable generally. 

The scousers at work are so hard of thinking it makes it difficult to talk to them.

Cockney fans in general are the actual embodiment of what's wrong with modern football IMO. Read a Twitter story about a Fulham fan, emailing the Preston CEO about Prestons time wasting...

10 hours ago, strawb said:

I live in Manchester and most of the man Utd fans here know fuck all about football, I know it's a cliche but they truly are the talk sport generation. Even the older ones. The man city fans seem more knowledable generally. 

The scousers at work are so hard of thinking it makes it difficult to talk to them.

Cockney fans in general are the actual embodiment of what's wrong with modern football IMO. Read a Twitter story about a Fulham fan, emailing the Preston CEO about Prestons time wasting...

Same here, I was out with a mate after the Huddersfield game and his Man Utd supporting mates were telling me Newcastle wouldn't come back up, Benitez didn't know how to manage in the 2nd tier and would leave before Christmas, we were broke and wouldn't spend any money, and that the pressure from the fans would be too much for the players etc. Basically every talkSport/606 cliche going.

The sole Man City fan was much more informed, saying we'd bought well, that the championship is a slog but a team that is well drilled defensively can do well and that Benitez' style would suit that league well.

The Man Utd fans were that confident, they were happy to put a tenner down if they were wrong about promotion. 

£40 profit which I had no qualms about claiming the next time I saw them. B) 

12 hours ago, strawb said:

:lol:

Everton fans seem to have watched their team spend a fortune and bought into the media hype that this was their season to crack the top 4 and become the elite. When they're 17th in the league and losing AGAIN in Europe, this is how those frustrations come out. They truly are the Scouse mackems, waking up to cheer in praise of another false dawn.

https://twitter.com/InsideN17/status/921110841008717824

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Everton fans seem to have watched their team spend a fortune and bought into the media hype that this was their season to crack the top 4 and become the elite. When they're 17th in the league and losing AGAIN in Europe, this is how those frustrations come out. They truly are the Scouse mackems, waking up to cheer in praise of another false dawn.

wow, just wow

Aye, personally I’m chuffed to bits because they’re fucking sacks. Another one of the many fan bases the mackems kiss up to. 

Agree that he bought poorly, Sigurdsson aside, and Lukaku wasn’t even close to being replaced with the average strikers they brought in. 

Edited by Howay

4 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye, personally I’m chuffed to bits because they’re fucking sacks. Another one of the many fan bases the mackems kiss up to. 

Agree that he bought poorly, Sigurdsson aside, and Lukaku wasn’t even close to being replaced with the average strikers they brought in. 

He's getting sacked in the morning, or maybe Tuesday, about tea time ish. 

12 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Christ on a bike.

With Brighton's 3-0 win over the Hammers it puts them even on points with us but behind on goal difference,  but not far.

There are 3 other teams below us who can overtake us if we lose against Palace and all three win their games.

2 minutes ago, Noelie said:

With Brighton's 3-0 win over the Hammers it puts them even on points with us but behind on goal difference,  but not far.

There are 3 other teams below us who can overtake us if we lose against Palace and all three win their games.

Everyone thinks Brighton, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Burnley, Bournemouth and Crystal Palace will be the teams who will be battling to avoid relegation. 

This may still be true but West Ham, Stoke, Swansea and maybe even Leicester and  Everton could be sucked into it.

Either way it's 3 from 11 who will go down not 3 from the 5 or 6 pre season favs.

I'm hopeful but not confident will we be safe the season.

HOWAY THE FUCKING LADS !