Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

On 09/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, Rayvin said:

The True Geordie has managed to get hold of Alan Shearer for a podcast :lol: For 2 hours!

Actually kind of interesting...

That still picture looks like a prison visit. :lol:

Film pitch: Alan Shearer is brought in to elicit a confession from a toon-mad serial killer. 

"Hoo man Alan man. I ate his livva with some baked beans and a McEwan's Export" 

• Like 1

this could have come straight from the boring james milner parody twitter account :lol:

Liverpool's James Milner is enjoying his football again after returning to his favoured midfield role in recent weeks.

Former England international Milner, 31, filled in at left-back for much of last season but has been mainly used as a substitute at the beginning of this season, although he has started the last three games in midfield.

"I have definitely found myself enjoying my football again playing in midfield," said Milner.

"Last season I was asked to do a job and I did that as well as I could. I said I didn't enjoy playing there but the team comes first."

12 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: Reminds me of someone who once described Jordan Henderson as a man who "just loves running"

Speaking of which, I was reminded of this likeness yesterday:

800px-Traditional_Irish_halloween_Jack-o

Edited by Alex

Scot Grant, 52, worked as a coach with Pardew at Reading and West Ham United and the Englishman also previously worked with Rangers coach Graham Murty.

"Absolutely, I think he would," said Grant when asked if the Rangers job would interest Pardew.

"Fantastic man. I thoroughly enjoyed my time [at West Ham]. I loved working with him and the only reason I left was because I got the opportunity to manage Norwich.

"We had some wonderful players at the club, Tevez, Mascherano, Sheringham, and I saw very close hand how he handled top quality players. He did that exceptionally well. I've got great respect for him as a manager.

"Certain managers know how to handle top players. You talk about Tevez, Mascherano, fantastic players, different characters. You have to manage them well. I thought they should all be the same, one rule for all, but he softened me on that. You have respect for the players, the discipline and they knew the rules, there was no fine line and nobody got away with anything. He was hard but fair. You respect them and tell them your thoughts, but you've got to manage them the right way.

:lol: Aye, his handling of Tevez and Mascherano was top drawer.

21 hours ago, Gemmill said:

That still picture looks like a prison visit. :lol:

Film pitch: Alan Shearer is brought in to elicit a confession from a toon-mad serial killer. 

"Hoo man Alan man. I ate his livva with some baked beans and a McEwan's Export" 

I still love how Shearer can stand up and be proud of his loyalty to the club and how much he buzzes off it, very few players in modern football could do that now.

It's a great watch this.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Gomez has been a part of one of the worst defences of modern times and Loftus-Cheeke has shown the odd flicker of promise in the worst team in the league. 

Don't want to be one of those guys, but did Lascelles deserve a call up? He hasn't put a foot wrong this season, and when you consider the quality of England's other centre backs...