Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He called up a Liverpool defender :lol::lol::lol: 

:lol: Aye, as much as I’m not bothered (although it would have been a nice boost for Lascelles) it’s fucking absurd that a bloke that has been in a defence the press have been rightly ripping to bits is called up over Lascelles. 

Similarities between us and West Ham....owners from a retail background, players being brought in for the manager by others, 4 million net spend in the last window. Didnt realise that when fat sam left they just didnt renew his contract when it ended, Bilic is in the last year of his and wouldve been gone in May anyway.  Moyes is a fuckin hopeless appointment, theyd be better off with Redknapp till the end of the season but he splits opinion with Hammers, he stabbed Billy Bonds in the back to get the WH job in the 90s. 

52 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Similarities between us and West Ham....owners from a retail background, players being brought in for the manager by others, 4 million net spend in the last window. Didnt realise that when fat sam left they just didnt renew his contract when it ended, Bilic is in the last year of his and wouldve been gone in May anyway.  Moyes is a fuckin hopeless appointment, theyd be better off with Redknapp till the end of the season but he splits opinion with Hammers, he stabbed Billy Bonds in the back to get the WH job in the 90s. 

Is Disco Daveyboy Moyes confirmed? 

That's a thoroughly uninspiring appointment if so.

To be fair to West 'Ammmm, they've already been through all the other usual suspects. Allardyce, Pardew, even Curbishley. The only other option I suppose is Steve McClaren, though I've heard Rangers have made an approach for him so we'll have to make do with laughing at Moyes there instead.

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

They need a continental coach to come in with a strong philosophy and back room staff. The current fitness coach is the former gym teacher of the Croatian handball team. True story.

I disagree, they need to appoint a shambling wreck of a coach who has no success whatsoever so they can languish down the bottom of the table while we fly past them. If it makes them feel any better about pretending they're a big side with their grand total of 0 league titles, they can talk about 1966 for a bit.

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I disagree, they need to appoint a shambling wreck of a coach who has no success whatsoever so they can languish down the bottom of the table while we fly past them. If it makes them feel any better about pretending they're a big side with their grand total of 0 league titles, they can talk about 1966 for a bit.

They won't accept Pardclaw. :razz:

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Moyes confirmed as West Ham Manager, fingers crossed that's them and Crystal palace relegated which leaves just one spot to fight for.

I know it's too early to get too excitable, but when was the last time all three promoted sides stayed up?