Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The really elite players utilise the no-look scan

I do that at Aldi 👍🏻

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

scanning ffs :lol:

another completely unnecessary new word for something that has always existed in the game. file under low blocks, double pivots, turnovers and transitions. 

:lol:
This is like when the Twatterati all became lip-readers a while back in their search for things to be outraged about, so the players and coaches now put their hand over their mouth when speaking during the match. 

I can see scanning going the same way, with players putting their hands over their eyes…

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This is like when the Twatterati all became lip-readers a while back in their search for things to be outraged about, so the players and coaches now put their hand over their mouth when speaking during the match. 

I can see scanning going the same way, with players putting their hands over their eyes…

Some will simply play with their eyes shut aka a Glen Keeley

• Haha 4

Becoming quite the title race this season.

Glad we don't have to meet any of the three to be honest. They'll all be desperate for 3pts in every game. 

I think Man City have the easier run in.

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Pleased we're not on the cunt list.

Forest though. Might be stealing from their future selves at current rate of going.

Insiders have disclosed that the prospect of a business being forced to pay a rival business in the same industry – with that money then used by the rival to try and take their place in the Premier League – as ‘unpalatable’ and ‘unworkable’.

These dick heads will be on thin fucking ice when we challenge them trying to stop us spending if that is their argument. 

• Like 5

On 13/03/2024 at 01:29, Andrew said:

These dick heads will be on thin fucking ice when we challenge them trying to stop us spending if that is their argument. 

I'll look forward to them all not buying any players in the summer since giving money to other football clubs that they can invest and try to replace them is unpalatable and unworkable.

8 hours ago, Howay said:

It was a freelance MLF photographer taking Beatrice's photo to sell on when.....

MLF: "Beyatriss, Beyatriss! Just a quick futo of ya, if ya dint mind, aye, just like that...... Fuck that! Get out of the waya, Beyatriss! It's big Sam! Big Sam the Mag relagayata! Can ah have a qwickey pic, Sam? Aye?..... Gerrin! Ah bet ya loved relagayating the mags anaarl, Sam?"

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 8

26 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It was a freelance MLF photographer taking Beatrice's photo to sell on when.....

MLF: "Beyatriss, Beyatriss! Just a quick futo of ya, if ya dint mind, aye, just like that...... Fuck that! Get out of the waya, Beyatriss! It's big Sam! Big Sam the Mag relagayata! Can ah have a qwickey pic, Sam? Aye?..... Gerrin! Ah bet ya loved relagayating the mags anaarl, Sam?"

"Put tha grayavey down big Sam aah cannit sey ya beyooteefil fayace for me snap an yi dinnit wanna spoil that lovely waistcoat ya nanna knitted yi"

• Haha 6

My BIL been told by a mate that apparently Forest are going to get 8 point deduction and Everton 2.

So basically I don't think he knows 😂

• Haha 1

Just got the fag end of Juventus v Genoa and Genoa bring on a kid called Bohinen. Commentator says fuck all about him and I'm thinking, I wonder if that's Lars Bohinen's son? Look it up and it is, looks like him as well. Yesterday put Luton and forest on for five minutes and during it the camera panned to the stand where ex-forest player Brian Laws who was obviously working for the radio. Lingered on him for a minute and it was radio silence by the commentator who started talking again when the play resumed as he patently didn't have a clue who Laws was? Anyway, all I'm saying is these young commentators who probably love the smell of their own farts really need to brush up on their general football knowledge to save me looking up 90's footballer's sons on the internet. :cuppa: #mustdobetter

• Like 1

Also, the youngest has been in Liverpool with her friends, said she'd just been sick so I asked her if she was ok then she sent this picture.... 

IMG-20240317-WA0000.thumb.jpg.c2dbdf2d043553c65cf0d78b7ddb835c.jpg

Even teenage girls can't stand Everton. :D

• Haha 4