Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

I used to drink it pretty regularly but I was at work and it was gratis. Once I left the thought of paying for it just didn't sit right with me and I didn't usually drink it out of work.

19 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I used to drink it pretty regularly but I was at work and it was gratis. Once I left the thought of paying for it just didn't sit right with me and I didn't usually drink it out of work.

:lol:

What job provides free bottles of Dog? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

What job provides free bottles of Dog? 

A job at the brewery. 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I think that explains why he's no longer employed there.

When doing an hourly QA tests it was compulsory to have a taste. ;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Can he still change to Belgium if he turns out to be any good? 

I think so. Players have played full internationals then changed iirc. Not sure in the exact regs like 

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

A job at the brewery. 

When doing an hourly QA tests it was compulsory to have a taste. ;)

Didn’t the draymen used to be entitled to a free drink at every pub? Could be an urban myth but I seem to remember my dad saying that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Didn’t the draymen used to be entitled to a free drink at every pub? Could be an urban myth but I seem to remember my dad saying that 

They weren't officially entitled to a drink but no self-respecting pub landlord would not offer a drink and no self-respecting drayman would refuse such a kind offer so I believe? Loads would have at least one bottle or a cup during a shift, especially if you weren't driving. :good:(After my first shift, getting changed in the locker room a couple of the old sweats asked if I liked broon ale? I said I could have the odd drop they then opened up a locker with a bottle in it and told me I could have it but not to leave 'a dead soldier'*. I thought briefly, is this a trap and I'm sacked on the first day or more likely a test of trust, I quickly decided it was the latter and necked the bottle and about ten years later at a leaving drink when it shut one of those old sweats who was there, who was basically the Geordie 'Columbo' said, 'We knew you were alreet on your first day when you had that bottle, Davey son' :lol:

(He didn't say 'one more thing' which was a shame).

*Dead bottle = leaving an empty or part empty bottle instead of getting rid of the evidence. ;)

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think the draymen having a drink at each pub was probably less bad when they were still actually using horses, mind. :lol: 

There was usually two of them. ;)

I wasn't one but I know a couple of lads that moved down there, think their depot was near Washington iirc? 

• Like 1

At our local brewery, all the workers were allowed 2 bottles a day. When we were doing building work there ,we were allowed 2 bottles as well. Had a cupboard full of brown ale when we finished working there.

Worked for a company that did market research in the booze industry. They had people travelling all over the world talking to producers, distributors and the like. Always came back with bottles of spirits and wines. Every Friday was basically a piss-up after lunch. Your first Friday is traditionally a baptism of firewater.

• Like 1

:lol: Really goes along with his wannabe hard man image, being a grass. 

Btw this is what he posted following that one:

:lol: The lad running the parody account must have a hard time. Wonder if we will see Mike Dean report that post for bullying.

Edited by Howay

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've did handovers with blokes that could barely speak. :lol:

You see this is the problem, they stopped taking quality assurance seriously.  

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Really goes along with his wannabe hard man image, being a grass. 

Btw this is what he posted following that one:

:lol: The lad running the parody account must have a hard time. Wonder if we will see Mike Dean report that post for bullying. 

he truly is an utter bellend.

• Like 2