Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

29 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

But, the points aren’t a negative number, are they? 
They are 10 positive points (numbers), which are being deducted from their points total , also a positive number. 

14-10 = 4. 

Lick…

Iz. 

That's irrelevant, Gemmil said add those 9 points to the deduction. Mr Bass said that you deduct it. If you deducted 9pts from the deduction you'd be left with a 1 point deduction. 

Original deduction is 10pts, add 9pts to that deduction. Increasing the deduction to a 19 point deduction. 

14 + (-10 + -9) = -5

14 + (-10 - -9)  = 13

14 - (10 + 9) = -5

14 - (10 - 9)= 13

So whichever way you slice it, adding 9 pts to the deduction gives you -5 which is correct. Deducting 9pts from the deduction gives you 13, which is incorrect. 

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's irrelevant, Gemmil said add those 9 points to the deduction. Mr Bass said that you deduct it. If you deducted 9pts from the deduction you'd be left with a 1 point deduction. 

Original deduction is 10pts, add 9pts to that deduction. Increasing the deduction to a 19 point deduction. 

14 + (-10 + -9) = -5

14 + (-10 - -9)  = 13

14 - (10 + 9) = -5

14 - (10 - 9)= 13

So whichever way you slice it, adding 9 pts to the deduction gives you -5 which is correct. Deducting 9pts from the deduction gives you 13, which is incorrect. 

Err... no he didn't, he actually said,

On 19/11/2023 at 08:54, Gemmill said:

Get that 9 points added now and we'll deal with the legal stuff later.

No mentioned of getting them added TO THE DEDUCTION. So, even though I knew full well what he meant, I went all pedantic and followed up with a customary 'FYP', which then escalated and was a fun ride while it lasted. Then Mr Fun Sponge (aka Fish) comes along and takes it all serious. 

iron man eye roll GIF

Oh and it's stylised as MrBass, no spaces, fuck face. :finger:

Shouldn't be needed but just to be on the safe side, as I know how you math nerds get your tighty-whities in a bunch over the littlest of things, safety wink :wink2:

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, MrBass said:

No mentioned of getting them added TO THE DEDUCTION. So, even though I knew full well what he meant, I went all pedantic and followed up with a customary 'FYP', which then escalated and was a fun ride while it lasted. Then Mr Fun Sponge (aka Fish) comes along and takes it all serious. 

iron man eye roll GIF

Shouldn't be needed but just to be on the safe side, as I know how you math nerds get your tighty-whities in a bunch over the littlest of things, safety wink :wink2:

Nice see such a positive attitude :lol:

fozzie-bear-waiting-for-laughter-pl9qhp2

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, MrBass said:

iron man eye roll GIF

"math" 😒

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, MrBass said:

iron man eye roll GIF

So is MrBass going to apologise to just me or the whole board for his behaviour over the last few days?

I tell you what, I'm gonna step aside and ask that he just apologises to the board. So if nothing is forthcoming, you'll know what he thinks about you all.

Given the nature of this board is to generally take the piss, my behaviour was totally on point, ergo no apology necessary. I'd even go so far as to say that it escalated this thread up to GOLD status and, for that, I'll say YOU'RE WELCOME.

At the very least it's got you typing my name out correctly. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

what we've actually been witnessing here is gemmill's fumbled attempts at subtlety covering all bases when his annual forecast of everton's relegation inevitably fails. he'll then claim some malevolent outside force as being the reason for this.

we all know the truth though....... he's just really shit at predictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

what we've actually been witnessing here is gemmill's fumbled attempts at subtlety covering all bases when his annual forecast of everton's relegation inevitably fails. he'll then claim some malevolent outside force as being the reason for this.

we all know the truth though....... he's just really shit 

FYP

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, MrBass said:

revengenerds.jpg

This about right? :lol:

The audacity, the gall, the hubris of man trying to come at an accountant with maths. 

• Haha 1