Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

On 07/12/2023 at 19:14, wykikitoon said:

Shearer laughing about McTomminay being top goalscorer.

Drren Bent said he was an 'honest player' tonight :lol: is he fuck the soft cunt.

I dunno, Bent might have this one right. He'll  be a decent utility sub for most of the rest of his career, he's just a good few levels behind being an absolutely top class player. Clearly he'll graft and do exactly what he's told. The goals for both Scotland and Man U seem to come from the fact he was originally a forward. Wasn't so long ago Steve Clarke was playing him in a back three, so while he's no world beater he clearly has his uses. 

If you’re going to argue it’s a completely different game, and therefore female ex-players can’t comment, then the same should apply to blokes who’ve been retired for ten years or whatever. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

If you’re going to argue it’s a completely different game, and therefore female ex-players can’t comment, then the same should apply to blokes who’ve been retired for ten years or whatever. 

Or fans and most journalists, and the public in general.

The different game relates only to the pace and intensity of the men's game. The rules and technical aspects are the same and most female pundits do their actual research pre game so don't just waffle shit like people like Rio do. Barton has been found out as a rubbish manager and is doing anything in his power to get attention, since no one likes him.

The man is a grade A whopper.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Or fans and most journalists, and the public in general.

The different game relates only to the pace and intensity of the men's game. The rules and technical aspects are the same and most female pundits do their actual research pre game so don't just waffle shit like people like Rio do. Barton has been found out as a rubbish manager and is doing anything in his power to get attention, since no one likes him.

The man is a grade A whopper.

Aye, I think that’s my bugbear with a lot of ex-player/manager (male) pundits tbh. I.e. the lack of research and, consequently, them just trotting out cliched bollocks. Or in other words not doing their fucking job. An area where most female pundits put them to shame 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I can only assume Barton's Mrs has left him and he wants in on the grifter bandwagon

Quite telling he needs to lie to make his point (if you can call it a point). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I can only assume Barton's Mrs has left him and he wants in on the grifter bandwagon

I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out this intellectual colossus’s views on climate change, brexit, and other grift fodder. 

When’s he getting his (short lived)show? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out this intellectual colossus’s views on climate change, brexit, and other grift fodder. 

When’s he getting his (short lived)show? 

He's putting the feelers out 

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He doesn’t have the grey matter to do subtlety, does he? :lol:

If he does get a show, as I said, it’ll be short-lived as 

1- He’s thick as mince

2- He’ll probably knock the producer out. 

Utter nonsense. Joey is a man of great depth.

• Haha 8

On 07/12/2023 at 07:53, Dazzler said:

Barton is a complete prick, always was and was never more than a bang average player for us. Gets more props than he deserves because he's continued to wind up mackems long after he left. Personally, I always found his mackem baiting pathetic and desperate, but the knuckle draggers of our fan base have wanked incessantly over it for years.

Him having a problem with female pundits (most of whom I've found to be more balanced, articulate and knowledgeable than half the ageing wank stains they continue to wheel out) is no surprise though. He probably feels as though his next step to stay relevant is to get on MNF but the lasses are stealing work from him.

Also him defending his cunt of a brother is no surprise. He's a scum bag same as his skin head crank of a brother.

It doesn’t help that he gets bites. He’s desperate for it. 

imagine him being your manager, it would be infuriating. 

It’s good to see the large amount of people on here calling him out for being a bellend, rather than some on X who are calling him a little scamp who’s up to his old shenanigans 

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye I mean the thinly-veiled sexism is never going to stand up to scrutiny really.

Why I don't like hearing them is the ill-fitting pitch and tone. And I'm sexist.

• Haha 3

I’d say it’s all convenient and simply a big distraction to divert from the fact he stated his brothers horrific racist murder of a young lad was “a scrap”, but then again the bloke is probably too fucking thick for that and fancies himself as a Piers Morgan type. 

• Like 1

Aye, for me I've got misophonia and aside from sounds like noisy eating (which is by far the worst trigger for me) another one is very high pitched voices which some female commentators can trigger when there is goalmouth action etc. So sometimes I have to switch off.

Then again, you have arseholes like "Fletch" who I can't listen to either, just because they are arseholes. Maybe I'm just an old fecker. 😂

End of the day the best people should get the job, whether it's men or women, not filling it with the likes of your Michael Owen etc but your John Motsons, Barry Davies, Gabby Logan's and Laura Woods.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RobElliott said:

Aye, for me I've got misophonia and aside from sounds like noisy eating (which is by far the worst trigger for me) another one is very high pitched voices which some female commentators can trigger when there is goalmouth action etc. So sometimes I have to switch off.

Then again, you have arseholes like "Fletch" who I can't listen to either, just because they are arseholes. Maybe I'm just an old fecker. 😂

End of the day the best people should get the job, whether it's men or women, not filling it with the likes of your Michael Owen etc but your John Motsons, Barry Davies, Gabby Logan's and Laura Woods.

its personal opinion though. I could never stand Motson. I hate Clive tyldelsey as well.

I loved Brian Moore back in the day. 

• Like 1

It's so fucking transparent. No managerial jobs because he's shit at that, no punditry jobs because he's shit at that too (and I'd wager a proper arsehole to work with). He's seen other washed up ex-pros carve out a niche with a dog whistle so he's figured he'll just give it a go too. It's desperate, pathetic and doomed to fail.

• Like 3