Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Process driven 'translation slow'

They can't win can they?  Do it too quick and they've jumped the gun.  Be through and it's too slow.

I don’t think it was necessarily a criticism 

Curious to see how thats a blow rather than no change and it's only March.

From what the Athletic and Pod on the tyne have said about Ashworths intended role here, transfers aren't necessarily his purview anyway, he'd be more of an overall sporting director making everything at the club work to pull in the same direction rather than just who we buy. Based on what we did in January I've no qualms about that same group of people managing our summer transfers anyway.

• Like 1

I am more than happy to be calm to get the people they want than just throw money at clubs. At the moment it‘s foremost Brighton‘s loss who won’t get any compensation if they persist in Ashworth seeing out his contract.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I am more than happy to be calm to get the people they want than just throw money at clubs. At the moment it‘s foremost Brighton‘s loss who won’t get any compensation if they persist in Ashworth seeing out his contract.

Aye spot on, at this point I’d rather have Brighton get nowt. The team brought in the players we needed and they’ll have more time/an easier job convincing players (no immediate relegation fear). Not really sure why Brighton wouldn’t agree to a compensation package short of being bitter bastards. Maybe upset we absolutely rinsed them for Burn. Or we could have been giving them a hard line with a low compo amount, which I’d honestly be happy with as they’ll know we have him soon so it’s more of that long term thinking. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Isegrim said:

As Howay say's.  Absolutely spot on.

It can only be greed or pettiness/spite, it's not like he can be doing anything for them. Him joining us doesn't impact their own DoF recruitment. He can still stay abreast of the latest ways of working, the latest trends and ideas in his field. He can still receive reports on players, scouts, coaches, without breaching his gardening leave as long as he doesn't overtly act on them to Newcastle's benefit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It can only be greed or pettiness/spite, it's not like he can be doing anything for them. Him joining us doesn't impact their own DoF recruitment. He can still stay abreast of the latest ways of working, the latest trends and ideas in his field. He can still receive reports on players, scouts, coaches, without breaching his gardening leave as long as he doesn't overtly act on them to Newcastle's benefit.

Aye pure pettiness. He’s on gardening leave so if they get a DoF in during that period they’ll be paying two of them whilst missing out on compensation for Ashworth at the same time. 

• Like 2