Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

I’m not panicked by it but but I’d love to know what they want and what we are offering.

If they are only a few mill apart then that’s peanuts in the great scheme of things. I know he can do some stuff via the phone but I guess he/we have to be careful in getting caught out via recorded calls etc.

From all accounts he would be great to have in and around the place right now and would surely have a very positive effect, hands on, pushing through all the changes.

I would be extremely surprised if he’s not here very soon.

11 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’m not panicked by it but but I’d love to know what they want and what we are offering.

If they are only a few mill apart then that’s peanuts in the great scheme of things. I know he can do some stuff via the phone but I guess he/we have to be careful in getting caught out via recorded calls etc.

From all accounts he would be great to have in and around the place right now and would surely have a very positive effect, hands on, pushing through all the changes.

To be fair this reminds me of the time SCS poached you from MFI and you were put on gardening leave but would sneak in your new job about eight o'clock at night and quickly look at the books, orders and dust and move a few settees around. There's always ways and means. :good:

• Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

To be fair this reminds me of the time SCS poached you from MFI and you were put on gardening leave but would sneak in your new job about eight o'clock at night and quickly look at the books, orders and dust and move a few settees around. There's always ways and means. :good:

Ahem, poached from Freeman the butchers if you don’t mind.

And the reasons I sneaked in at night was because it was a lot comfier than the back seat of the car :anal:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

If it's down to pettiness, which I think it is, it won't be about what they want - they simply want him to see out his gardening leave.

No doubt they're looking at it from a POV that we're sailing past them and they need to do all within their power to minimise the impact. I can see why they'd want to exercise their right to prevent him working for us until after the summer transfer window but medium to long term, they're only delaying the inevitable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ahem, poached from Freeman the butchers if you don’t mind.

And the reasons I sneaked in at night was because it was a lot comfier than the back seat of the car :anal:

A lot more private too. You did say your leaving present was 2 lbs of liver didn’t you? 

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Craig said:

If it's down to pettiness, which I think it is, it won't be about what they want - they simply want him to see out his gardening leave.

No doubt they're looking at it from a POV that we're sailing past them and they need to do all within their power to minimise the impact. I can see why they'd want to exercise their right to prevent him working for us until after the summer transfer window but medium to long term, they're only delaying the inevitable.

No, apparently negotiations have been taking place and are ongoing. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

26 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No, apparently negotiations have been taking place and are ongoing. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

In January the owners showed they were willing to pay top dollar but weren’t about to let other parties take the piss. That was in a fairly desperate situation too. If this is more of the same then good. 

Nick Hammond:

“Newcastle came (to me) a couple of weeks before the beginning of December.”

“To me, it was a really interesting and quite exciting opportunity to come and work with the new owners, of which there are three groups; with Eddie Howe, who I knew from being in the game for a long time; and Steve Nickson, an extremely good, experienced Head of Recruitment."

“This was a second time I’d provided a consultancy service for a team through a window. The first time I did was with Celtic through the summer 2019 window."

“Newcastle have a long-term plan, for sure, but they had a short-term problem when we were going into the January window. Quite clearly they wanted to appoint a new CEO, a new Sporting Director and build the club out from there, but in the short term they were approaching the January window and looking for someone who had a degree of experience navigating trough the complexities of any transfer window, let alone a January window."

“My job, really, was to advise the owners in relation to the players, the due diligence around the players and the financial aspects of the deals they were trying to complete.

“I said to the guys at the start, this will be the hardest transfer window you’ll probably ever have, because you are literally a group of people coming together in a very short space of time and having to hit the ground running."

“Fortunately there’s a very experienced Head Coach there, a very clear thinking guy, very precise in terms of what he wants and what he wanted, which is critical for a Head Coach - that clarity that comes from them is massively important. Fortunately Eddie Howe gave that to the people dealing with the transfer window at Newcastle.”

Hammond has two decades of experience as a Technical Director, which began at Reading, where he had previously been their Academy Manager. The role at Newcastle was different to the one he would traditionally do."

“My role (at Newcastle) was a little bit more in the background than I would be as a normal Sporting Director.”

“As a Sporting Director over my career I would lead the discussions, lead the negotiations with potential signings."

“This role was sort of a step removed from that, doing the checks and balances in the background, having an opinion on the players who had already been identified by Steve Nickson and his team, having taken a good steer from Eddie Howe, the new Head Coach, who had to make very quick decisions in terms of where he saw his squad.”

"It was a fascinating experience, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but very challenging time for them (the owners)."

"It was interesting in as much as here you’ve got a group of people who all want to achieve the same thing but they’re new, they’re almost thrown together."

"I don’t mean that in a haphazard way, but new group of owners; new Head Coach; Steve, who’s been in the building for a long time, and all of a sudden in a very short space of time you’ve got to come together and make some decisions to try and strengthen the team for what is the short term ambition of staying in the Premier League."

https://trainingground.guru/articles/nick-hammond-helping-newcastle-navigate-the-january-transfer-window

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

No one wants to do it cos we're gonna get humped.

We haven't done too badly at Spurs even in the Ashley years, we'll not be favourites but any result here wouldn't be a surprise. Might start it myself as my only visit to Spurs we won as well. Majority say 'no way José' then I'll defer it to someone else..... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We haven't done too badly at Spurs even in the Ashley years, we'll not be favourites but any result here wouldn't be a surprise. Might start it myself as my only visit to Spurs we won as well. Majority say 'no way José' then I'll defer it to someone else..... :lol:

Get in lad, pop that match thread cherry

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I think your loyal puntahz demand it. 

Lolz, laters :lol:

• Haha 5

On 25/03/2022 at 16:11, Howmanheyman said:

Good article just a shame a more senior writer couldn't have written it instead for an even better take.....

SKY'S the limit for new man in the Toon!

'Jimmy come lately, there's a new man in toon' might have been the lyrics to the eagles record in the seventies when supermac and Terry Hibbitt were strutting their stuff at the hallowed turf at the cathedral on the hill but now ex-sky supremo James Darroch could be about to transform the club in the same way one of his predesse, predat, err, the bloke who had the same job years ago, one, Frederick Fletcher, the Scottish Rottweiler once did in the Keegan entertainer years when the new kids in toon were the likes of Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand, Tino Asprilla, Alan Shearer and of course the man who would go on to give me many retro stories years later as I managed to get his number once at a clubcall publicity shoot, one Darren 'They shall not pass' Peacock.

Lee Ryder

4221396001_5248502522001_5248500552001_vs.0.jpg

Missed this from yonks ago, but HMHM, have you got yourself on twitter and started a fake Ryder account yet? Please do, would be hilarious. I'll idwfnitely follow you. :thumbup: