Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its official #Cans #Jimbo's telly

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Wait till you see Steve Bruce to sack Graeme Jones to appoint Alex to make him his successor 

‘Steve Bruce,his son’s agent,appoints his son as player/coach,with the intention of appointing his son as his successor in the SJP hot seat. ‘I just hope the supporters give him a chance when I stand down’.

On 05/08/2021 at 08:25, ewerk said:

So Fat Mike is to step down as Chief Exec of Sports Direct but luckily the most qualified person to replace him just happens to be his daughter's fiance.

How this man became a billionaire is a mystery.

in fairness to murray I've read a few articles which seem to consider he's doing a reasonable job of elevating sports directs profile and winning back leading brands to supplying his shops with their top of the range stuff.

I emphasise 'read', I'd rather cut me feet off with a rusty bread knife than walk in to anything ashley owns to experience whether the above is true personally.

anyway, good at his job or not as the head of elevation, murray would need to be a fucking miracle worker to raise the profile of nufc from the absolute cesspit of shite his future father in law has dragged it down to.

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Not sure if it was posted but here’s a Twitter thread on our accounts. Ashley’s a cunt if it wasn’t already clear. 

It's the stagnation of commercial revenue that I keep coming back to. Ashley's owned a Premier League club that's bobbled around the Deloitte top 20 richest clubs, yet we've been overtaken by Brighton and Leicester, both teams who were in the third tier of English football in 08/09.  I mean, Jesus Christ, Brighton and Leicester have spent 4 and 8 years in the top flight respectively during Ashley's 14yrs, where we've spent 12. It should be mortifying to a businessman of his success to have failed so spectacularly, especially when the Premier League has been so successful a product worldwide.

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But yet Charnley still managed to double his salary last year.

Is he still the lowest paid of the ... best paid directors in the Prem?

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's the stagnation of commercial revenue that I keep coming back to. Ashley's owned a Premier League club that's bobbled around the Deloitte top 20 richest clubs, yet we've been overtaken by Brighton and Leicester, both teams who were in the third tier of English football in 08/09.  I mean, Jesus Christ, Brighton and Leicester have spent 4 and 8 years in the top flight respectively during Ashley's 14yrs, where we've spent 12. It should be mortifying to a businessman of his success to have failed so spectacularly, especially when the Premier League has been so successful a product worldwide.

I’ve said the same thing loads to the pricks who say what a fantastic business man he is in reference to how he runs the club. It seems to me he’s not really interested in the club beyond it turning a profit via premier league survival on a shoestring and as an asset.  That’s why Charnley keeps his job. He’s cheap and the club continues to tick over. If what the owner said was true about wanting the club to be successful but also living within its means then commercial revenue would be maximised. Likewise the academy would be a priority because you can make money be selling to Championship clubs even if not many players make the grade in the PL. Survival / stagnation is easier. What it ignores is how lucky his high risk strategy has been with our being able to bounce straight back from two relegations. Even under Bruce, a frankly ludicrous appointment, we’ve accrued more points than our football deserves. Given the owner’s inability to learn from past mistakes you’d have to think another spell in the Championship is on the post if he doesn’t manage to sell up first. 

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/1-20cv25022-002.pdf

Page 23. KateStewart22, the weird Twitter account the was posting about the takeover all the time is actually one of Sheikh MBS employees who played a major role in the Kashoggi death 😳

It was obvious to everyone who wasn't a creepy loner that 'Kate' was a Saudi sock puppet.

:lol: I remember him posting a picture of the Tyne bridge on a Saudi flag background and when several people asked why the fuck he did that and he should take it down he went “the Saudis asked me to put it up”. 

• Haha 3
On 28/05/2021 at 16:03, The Fish said:

To be honest, it should make more sense than saying "Here's £30m, have at it". If we were a remotely well-run club we should look at each player and weigh up if they're worth the outlay or not. Rather than arbitrarily giving a manager £X to spend. 

e.g. Willock is worth spending £25m on, and if for whatever reason Edouard became available for £20m we should spend that too.

Nice debut for Edouard tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official