Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NJS said:

I think toning it down from "I'm suing you bastards for being corrupt" to "let's go to arbitration" is a bit of a change. 

They'll still block it anyway of course. 

Might be scare tactics.

Anyway, the Big Six League will delay the whole process and do everything they can to block the takeover anyway.

It’s a meh from me as well.

im not entirely sure why but I remain cautiously optimistic this might go ahead. I think the premier league and masters are being squeezed by bigger forces than even 'the big six'

however I'll throw my hands up and concede this probably puts me in the camp of the deluded, desperate and very probably fucking demented!  :)

anyway, as a slight aside, I doff my hat to the two lads involved with the so called newcastle supporters consortium who appear to have done more towards forcing an issue in a few weeks than the worse than fucking useless NUST have done in months. their efforts amounted to not much more than thanking masters for saying he felt sorry for us and keeping their mouths shut ever since.

about as much use as joining the n.u.m. after the collapse of the miners strike.

• Like 3

The Tory government (cunts) is leaning on the EPL, to support Mike Ashley (cunt) in selling to the Saudi government (cunts), and our fans are ower the knot

I understand why, but can't help thinking if this was any club other than ours, most posters on here would think this coalition of cunts stink to the high heaven 

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I only had a look at Stein’s profile and he actually does seem to be a rather competent business man. We’ll see how far those two can push the league.

Seeing as you’re marginally more versed in the rule of law than I am, how do these two have any standing to take legal action? Surely a couple of random fans can’t get anywhere legally?

45 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I thought they already had? The deal is dead isn't it?

Officially according up them it is. But who knows? The inference seems to be the legal action is to get the takeover approved so it can go through. That’s only one possible outcome, even if the legal action does rule in favour of the club. There could be compensation, etc. 

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Seeing as you’re marginally more versed in the rule of law than I am, how do these two have any standing to take legal action? Surely a couple of random fans can’t get anywhere legally?

I have actually absolutely no bloody clue when it comes to this regarding british competition law.

I don’t know what Patterson is doung for his living but Stein has probably been involved in quite a few legal cases with his businesses. The QC they do have on their side doesn’t look like a British Lionel Hutz either. At least they seem to be confident of having a case.

• Like 1