Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Lincoln.

Shit West Wing.

Lincoln

Really good film.

Think it's the first time Ive watched DDL

Canny.

Make your mind up Guts McGonagal. Which is it?

And you've never seen Last of the Mohicans, In The Name of the Father or Gangs of New York?

Get them watched Tubby!

The second was Never Let Me Go which the ex had asked me to get but then was never in the mood to watch. I never knew why until I put it on a watched the depressing and slow moving tale of Keira Nightly, Carey Mulligan and Spiderman also being clones grown for organ donation. I has to be said that this is a much better film, far more intelligent and moving but god is it dull. I fell asleep after a hour the first time I tried to watch it and only watched the rest so that I could delete it off my computer and make space. As bad as I feel for admitting it, The Island is a much better watch but really it was shit and I'll be deleting that too as soon as I can be arsed.

Read the book. It's absolutely brilliant. The film is just woeful in comparison. One of the best contemporary fiction reads imo.

Watched the new Die Hard last night. Its not a Die Hard film. The fight that almost broke out in the cinema when some guy was on his phone would have been more entertaining.

Then went to see Life of Pi in 3D this morning (listings suggested it was on its way out, so wanted to catch it before it disappeared). Looks awesome, and is pretty close to what I remember the book being. From my very basic knowledge of film, I thought Ang Lee did really well with it.

Watched the new Die Hard last night. Its not a Die Hard film. The fight that almost broke out in the cinema when some guy was on his phone would have been more entertaining.

Then went to see Life of Pi in 3D this morning (listings suggested it was on its way out, so wanted to catch it before it disappeared). Looks awesome, and is pretty close to what I remember the book being. From my very basic knowledge of film, I thought Ang Lee did really well with it.

Really? I thought that kind of thing only happened in movies? I mean I've heard people rustling, or talking, but never actually on the phone.

Big bloke was checking his phone quite a lot during the film, so was lighting up a lot. Then it rang and he answered, but tbf after "hello" I couldn't hear him. Some other guy took exception, went over jabbing his finger at him, then went off to get some members of staff who came in and had a word. When the film ended the guy with the phone went straight over to the guy who complained and stared shoving etc, but never actually descended into a proper fight.

Was more annoying this morning in Life of Pi, three old people in front of me talking and "ooohing" and "aaaahing" through a lot of it.

I enjoy watching films during the day when the cinema is nigh-on empty. Local one is a Picturehouse, so I can get a decent lunch and a drink, kick off the shoes and sit in silent comfort while totally immersed in the movie.

Try that at home and I'm bothered by deliveries, my phone, the internet, the world.

In fact you've got me fancying a movie day tomorrow :good:

These are my options...

Arbitrage [15]

Argo [15]

Flight [15]

I Give It A Year [15]

Life Of Pi 3D [PG]

Lincoln [12A]

Song For Marion [PG]

Stoker [18]

Edited by The Fish

Is having your lunch at the cinema and going to see a film on your own, in the daytime a bit. ....

Aah never mind ;)

You work nights, there must be days when it's grim outside and you fancy a movie?