Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

22 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

you did what? :lol:

did that not completely ruin your enjoyment of it? without the interactive element? 

i was just thinking it's shown how interactive films can be monetised in in the future. it's a template other filmmakers, in partnership with streaming platforms, will follow, i'm sure. who is going to want to d/l a pirate copy and miss all the fun? other than you, obviously. 

i fall somewhere between gemmil and ANS. the non-linear narrative was one of the poorest there has been in black mirror. but the innovation blew me away. there is nothing like it out there. how they managed to keep the film going while you made your choice then seamlessly cut to the next piece of action is beyond me. the whole thing must have taken a shitload of code to produce. 

charlie brooker is one clever fucker.

Well I'll never know now will I.  I didn't really know anything about it before hand, I just saw Black Mirror and immediately stuck it on.  It wasn't until after that I found out how it was supposed to work.  My mate watched it properly and said he just got bored with the multiple endings.  

It sounds like a really good idea that could end up being used for really bad money making purposes in the future.  But it just wasn't that good a story in the end.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the narrative wasn't the best, the main thing going for it really was the format. 

That's the brilliance of it, the intelligence behind the writing. That's the common theme right through the Black Mirror series. Nothing else like it on TV.

15 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

That's the brilliance of it, the intelligence behind the writing. That's the common theme right through the Black Mirror series. Nothing else like it on TV.

i agree about the writing in BM generally. i think bandersnatch's storyline was comparatively quite weak, probably the poorest of all the black mirrors - partially a result of the format, which is ironically also the best thing about it. 

On 08/01/2019 at 14:57, Anorthernsoul said:

@David Kelly

It sounds like you've completely missed the whole point of it  :lol:  Never mind mate, can't win them all.

Yeah I totally get that,  one of the risks of not wanting to know anything about the BM episodes before watching I guess.  I would have watched it again as intended if it had been a more interesting story. 

Saw Into the Spider-Verse this weekend with Mrs A.

Both of us had a great time, its a standalone film (not MCU, no massive other universe to understand) its brilliant, great mix of funny, heartfelt and has some brilliant action sequences too.

I've also never seen anything that looks quite like it, its gorgeous and manages to carry a really cool comic book aesthetic throughout the whole thing.

A bit stuck again for what to watch next since Ray Donovan just finished, started with Vikings last night (mate used to rave on about it), seems promising, as long as it doesn’t go too mysterious/magical.. 

Any of the newer stuff on Nfx anyone can recommend?  I tried Pine gap, switched it off after 20 mins.. murder mountain, watched one, haven’t been fussed on watching again. Any recommends appreciated!

2 hours ago, zerosum said:

A bit stuck again for what to watch next since Ray Donovan just finished, started with Vikings last night (mate used to rave on about it), seems promising, as long as it doesn’t go too mysterious/magical.. 

Any of the newer stuff on Nfx anyone can recommend?  I tried Pine gap, switched it off after 20 mins.. murder mountain, watched one, haven’t been fussed on watching again. Any recommends appreciated!

Bosch is good (8.4 IMDB) and 4 seasons to go at.

Glass, great performance from McAvoy and interesting concept putting the two films together, the film itself didn't overly impress me to be fair. Not many edge of the seat moments. It felt like an opportunity missed with the potential available.

Can You Ever Forgive Me? Well if it went any slower it would stop but it's actually quite funny in parts and I did walk away feeling in a good mood, so that's something. The end credits made me laugh aswell.

I’m having a serial killer week ( and yes @renton only leavers are serial killers), as I’ve had a few days off.

Some cheesy one, Bone collector, copycat and Zodiac and Kalifornia.

See they are busy re-making the absent stranger? with Zac effron as Bundy.