Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Wickerman - 2006 remake with Nicholas Cage.

I don't think I can really give it anything out of ten.

Perhaps 1 out of 10 for comic value. On the side, is Nick Cage trying to make every movie ever?

I'm Not Scared

Set in the deepest depths of the Italian countryside in the 70s, a creepy little number about a kid who makes a discovery he shouldn't. Very effective, very atmospheric.

Everything Is Illuminated

I had no idea how they'd adapt the book, given its unusual structure and content, and it turns out they didn't particularly try. Probably for the best really. An odd little film, you think it's going to be a quirky road trip for the first half - exacerbated by the singer from Gogol Bordello playing one of the lead roles - and then it turns round and becomes something entirely different and (though this might have been because I was watching it at 3 in the morning) extremely moving. Not perfect, but when it hits you it hits you hard </mattcardle>.

just watched dr. strangelove for the first time

it will most definately be the last as well

complete load of shite

Wrong. :spit:

just watched dr. strangelove for the first time

it will most definately be the last as well

complete load of shite

Horses for courses ... one of my very favourite comedies

The Wickerman - 2006 remake with Nicholas Cage.

I don't think I can really give it anything out of ten.

Perhaps 1 out of 10 for comic value. On the side, is Nick Cage trying to make every movie ever?

The remake of the Wicker Man is one of the worst films I have ever seen - its unbelievably shit 0/10

The original film is one of my all time favourites - a classic 9/10

Lost In America

Canny funny Albert Brooks comedy made in 1985 about a well off couple who give up on their business ambitions, take their nest-egg and go off on a road trip, trying to emulate their heroes from Easy Rider. Fancying themselves as hippy's, it doesn't quite go to plan when they lose their nest-egg and with it their passion for dropping out.

Strange that it's still only available on R1 because it's very highly regarded.

The Adjustment Bureau 9/10

Absolutely loved it from start to finish.

Given what the storys about it would have been very easy to over complicate it but they managed to keep it interesting and followable.

Damon was canny, Emily blunt oozed sex appeal and Charlie is the double of Shola. :icon_lol:

shola.png

A great watch.