Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Running Man 8/10. Classic Arnie.

Dark City 5/10. Cheap, muddled & poorly acted version of the matrix. Still has some good points (William Hurt mainly) but generally not much cop.

I love The Running Man. That and of course, the Shawshank Redemption are the best films based on Steven King books.

I just find The Running Man enjoyable, and The Shining isn't scary for me. I like the 80's look of The Running Man too. I'm not that big a fan of Stanley Kubrick, apart from Dr. Strangelove.

Still Kubrick's films are far better anything Guy Ritchie has ever done. He's doing Sherlock Holmes now. Jesus, what a pile of shit that will be.

I've never read any of Kings work but Stand By Me is a fantastic film (although it's based on a short story rather than a book. Which of course is the same as Shawshank). The Mist is more King is it not? Pretty enjoyable film.

I agree with what Billy is saying about The Running Man. It's technically not as good as The Shining but it's a more enjoyable film to watch.

Wolverine 6/10. A decent watch but the worst of all of the X Men films for me.

Flags of Our Fathers 7.5/10. As far as I can gather Eastwood has never made a bad film.

Dark City 5/10. Cheap, muddled & poorly acted version of the matrix. Still has some good points (William Hurt mainly) but generally not much cop.

Roger Ebert thinks it's one of the greatest films made. Dunno if you got the DVD but he does the commentary for it.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.d.../802270304/1023

``Dark City'' by Alex Proyas is a great visionary achievement, a film so original and exciting, it stirred my imagination like ``Metropolis'' and ``2001: A Space Odyssey.'' If it is true, as the German director Werner Herzog believes, that we live in an age starved of new images, then ``Dark City'' is a film to nourish us. Not a story so much as an experience, it is a triumph of art direction, set design, cinematography, special effects--and imagination.

I couldn't quite see it either.

Little Children - Kate Winslet's chebs and Jennifer Connolly's arse. Champion.

I just find The Running Man enjoyable, and The Shining isn't scary for me. I like the 80's look of The Running Man too. I'm not that big a fan of Stanley Kubrick, apart from Dr. Strangelove.

Still Kubrick's films are far better anything Guy Ritchie has ever done. He's doing Sherlock Holmes now. Jesus, what a pile of shit that will be.

Oi Watson you Cant- it's fackin elementary you muppet.... Awwight!

Roger Ebert thinks it's one of the greatest films made. Dunno if you got the DVD but he does the commentary for it.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.d.../802270304/1023

``Dark City'' by Alex Proyas is a great visionary achievement, a film so original and exciting, it stirred my imagination like ``Metropolis'' and ``2001: A Space Odyssey.'' If it is true, as the German director Werner Herzog believes, that we live in an age starved of new images, then ``Dark City'' is a film to nourish us. Not a story so much as an experience, it is a triumph of art direction, set design, cinematography, special effects--and imagination.

I couldn't quite see it either.

Little Children - Kate Winslet's chebs and Jennifer Connolly's arse. Champion.

Not quite so sucessfull in terms of acting, special effects and direction though Rog.

A relative of mine raved about it too but I coudln't see it myself. I actually recorded it off sky a couple of months ago and it took me ages to watch it as I kept falling asleep.

Choke.

Not sure what to make of it. Im a big fan of Chuck Palanhuik so im sure the book would have been much better. It just didnt seem to flow although the quirkiness was there.

Rockwell was class as ever and Kelly MacDonald (from Trainspotting) and Angelica Houston put in some good performances.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus.

So horrifically bad it's worth getting stoned and sitting back for utter silliness. The Science alone is derisable, a giant shark leaping 30,000ft or so to eat a passenger jet... :D

So horrifically bad it's worth getting stoned and sitting back for utter silliness. The Science alone is derisable, a giant shark leaping 30,000ft or so to eat a passenger jet... :D

Have they checked this out in light of yesterday's happenings? ;)

;)

That sounds fucking ace. I love 'so bad its good' films, which is why Steven Segal's films are so brilliant. If you like this sort of thing, check out Blood Surf where a load of people who surf in shark infested waters for fun get eaten by a giant rubber crocodile. Black Sheep may be worth a look too. I saw a review of a straight-to-DVD film called Frankenfish. Surely that has to be seen for the title alone.

Terminator 4. Forget what the critics say, this was fucking brilliant!!! Its got a slightly different feel to the first two but as its 25 years since the original thats understandable. Loads of good references to the first 2 films as well, such as where John Connor gets his facial scar we see in the flash forward in T2.

Arnies cameo is great and Linda Hamilton has a small part too, I cant really think of anything I would have changed in this movie. Film of the year so far for me

Tunnel rats - One of the worst films I've seen in my life, no story to it no character development fucking shockingly boring. Had a few scenes where it just watched someone do something like dig for fucking ages :D guess that's what I get for watching a Uwe Boll film ;)

Terminator 4. Forget what the critics say, this was fucking brilliant!!! Its got a slightly different feel to the first two but as its 25 years since the original thats understandable. Loads of good references to the first 2 films as well, such as where John Connor gets his facial scar we see in the flash forward in T2.

Arnies cameo is great and Linda Hamilton has a small part too, I cant really think of anything I would have changed in this movie. Film of the year so far for me

I saw it tonight as well. I thought it was well done, and I liked the references to the old films also.

But...I was expecting something a bit more...war like. Instead what you get is more or less a rehashing of Terminator 2 (the ending scene in the factory is very reminiscent of that in the foundry tbh). Of course, I didn't realise that the film is the first of a trilogy (how fucking typical of that is Hollywood today?) so we'll probably get the full blown machines vs resistance war that we all want to see sometime around 2015.

I saw it tonight as well. I thought it was well done, and I liked the references to the old films also.

But...I was expecting something a bit more...war like. Instead what you get is more or less a rehashing of Terminator 2 (the ending scene in the factory is very reminiscent of that in the foundry tbh). Of course, I didn't realise that the film is the first of a trilogy (how fucking typical of that is Hollywood today?) so we'll probably get the full blown machines vs resistance war that we all want to see sometime around 2015.

I liked that though, I mean the ending of T2 was more or less a rehash of the ending of T1 in the factory.

Christian Bale has now got to ride 2 of the coolest motorbikes in history after this and The Dark Knight :icon_lol:

Im just glad he didnt put his Batman voice on. I cant watch Dark Knight anymore cos it annoys me so much

I don't get why, if he's a vigilante who disguises his face and frame with a mask and clothing... why not disguise his voice with a doohickey? Added bonus of saving his voice :icon_lol: