Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I'm starting to realise that Christian Bale isn't a very good actor btw. Wooden as owt in this.

As much to do with the dir imo. Have you seen The Machinist?

Bullshit, even Krubrick couldn't turn Cruise and Kidman into good actors, a good director doesn't aways get shite actors to perform.

And re the machinist, even the sun shines on a dogs arse occasionally - Bale's sunshine filled day tbh.

I'm starting to realise that Christian Bale isn't a very good actor btw. Wooden as owt in this.

Bullshit, even Krubrick couldn't turn Cruise and Kidman into good actors, a good director doesn't aways get shite actors to perform.

And re the machinist, even the sun shines on a dogs arse occasionally - Bale's sunshine filled day tbh.

Thought Cruise was passable in that.

And here in lies the problem.

On shite directors my movie received its first newspaper reviews last week and the coolest thing is actually reading someone else liked it who didn;t have to be nice because they are a friend/family/film programmer.

Scored one star better than Soul Power and all! :icon_lol:

And here in lies the problem.

On shite directors my movie received its first newspaper reviews last week and the coolest thing is actually reading someone else liked it who didn;t have to be nice because they are a friend/family/film programmer.

Scored one star better than Soul Power and all! :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Nice one.

Parky, when will we get to see your movie and is it in English (more importantly) does it have a car chase?

Malcolm X (Spike Lee's version)

Brilliant. Denzel Washington is an incredible actor. I've been studying Malcolm X for an exam tomorrow, and could see that there's alot of attention to detail. Was loving the zoot suits as well. :icon_lol:

Brilliant. Denzel Washington is an incredible actor. I've been studying Malcolm X for an exam tomorrow, and could see that there's alot of attention to detail. Was loving the zoot suits as well. :icon_lol:

Read the book?

Read the book?

I havent actually, but I've been reading and watching a number of his speeches. Quite extreme stuff actually! Shame he was killed by such cowards in the end, but amazing how he carried on rallying despite knowing he was a marked man.

I'm definitely going to mark it down as summer reading, I find the whole civil rights, black power etc movements fascinating.

Read the book?

I havent actually, but I've been reading and watching a number of his speeches. Quite extreme stuff actually! Shame he was killed by such cowards in the end, but amazing how he carried on rallying despite knowing he was a marked man.

I'm definitely going to mark it down as summer reading, I find the whole civil rights, black power etc movements fascinating.

Read the Alex Haley book.

There are two books I read when I'm down this is one of them. Politics aside, his journey is inspirational.

Good luck with the exam.

Edited by Park Life

Gonzo : The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Great documentary. Johnny Depp narates and features commentary from Tom Wolfe, Jimmy Carter and more.

Available to watch in 12 parts on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=geluid...amp;query=gonzo

Nice one, thanks for this.

No probs.

I think it's missing part 5.

If you're a fan of the Dr., The Rum Diary is coming out next year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376136/

edit :

Starring -

Depp as Kemp

Amber Herd as Chenault

and Aaron Eckhart as Sanderson.

Edited by Barney

Read the book?

Read the Alex Haley book.

There are two books I read when I'm down this is one of them. Politics aside, his journey is inspirational.

Good luck with the exam.

I'll amazon it, and cheers Parky. :icon_lol:

Great documentary. Johnny Depp narates and features commentary from Tom Wolfe, Jimmy Carter and more.

No probs.

edit :

Starring -

Depp as Kemp

Amber Herd as Chenault

yeah I saw that, should be fun..you read the book?

Also have you seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_the_Buffalo_Roam ?

interesting to see Bill Murray play him, very similar to Depp's portrayal.. such a character he's relatively easy to do I guess!

No probs.

edit :

Starring -

Depp as Kemp

Amber Herd as Chenault

yeah I saw that, should be fun..you read the book?

Also have you seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_the_Buffalo_Roam ?

interesting to see Bill Murray play him, very similar to Depp's portrayal.. such a character he's relatively easy to do I guess!

Just read the book last weekend in 1 sitting in the back garden. Thought it was a great red.

I had heard about WTBR, only by chance when reading something about Murray. I think he only agreed to do a certain film for a studio as long as he was able to make WTBR. Also, I think he "stayed in character" for about a year after filming and pissed everyone off, getting into a fight with Chevy Chase!

In The Loop. Hmmm, okay, but not as good as the tv series imo. 7/10.

Gran Torino. For an actor of Clint Eastwood's standing to go out on such an abysmal film is such a shame. What a load of tripe. Bad story, badly acted.

3/10 - only because the car was nice.

In The Loop. Hmmm, okay, but not as good as the tv series imo. 7/10.

Gran Torino. For an actor of Clint Eastwood's standing to go out on such an abysmal film is such a shame. What a load of tripe. Bad story, badly acted.

3/10 - only because the car was nice.

Ridiculously harsh on Gran Torino there Snakey. He reminded me a bit of you in a few years as it happens. :icon_lol:

Went to see Terminator:Salvation last night.

Guff!

Christian Bale was only slightly less shit than the CGI Arnie..

:icon_lol: You obviously arent a real fan then

I thought it was very organic and held me for about an hour. However lack of epic scale and proper storyline let it down.