Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

We Own The Night 7/10. Got bad reviews but I gave it a bash because of the actors in it (Duval in particular) and glad I did as it's pretty solid film. Eva Mendez gets her right nork out too which has to be a good thing!

Finally managed to see the second half of The Wrestler (saw the first half on a paraffin budgie but the pilot wanted to land, rather than wait for me to finish my movie).

Really enjoyed it. Not what I was expecting at all.

8/10 (maybe another half point for the lass - who, if I'm not mistaken was the g/f in My Cousin Vinny - getting her quite wonderful breests oot).

Fools Gold - Better than i thought it would be. 6/10

Street Kings - All right. Slight better at 7/10

think i could make a film reviewer me like.

American Gangster - I liked this much better the second time round, still felt slightly too long.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Decent, didn't justify being over 2 1/2 hours though.

My Sister's Keeper

Cracking film about a little girl suing her parents because she was born to act as a donor to a couple whose daughter is terminally ill and doesn't want to do it anymore.

Absolutely brilliant performance all round from the cast. I haven't seen Cameron Diaz give a better performance than she does in this. Really emotional film, it had wor lass in floods of tears.

9/10

Mystic River

Directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Sean Penn & Kevin Bacon. Enjoyed it alot, although it was a little lengthy.

8/10

The Proposal

Sandra Bullock forces Michael Owen to marry her and goes to meet his parents (Clara Clayton and Coach) and Grandparent (Rose the Golden Girl). Proper wifey film we got free tickets for. I wouldn't say there were laughs in it...a few exhalations of breath at best.

Marley and Me

Rachael (the Friend) and Owen (bonky nose, freakish face) Wilson get a dog who lives with them while they start their family. Depressing stuff.

The Proposal

Sandra Bullock forces Michael Owen to marry her and goes to meet his parents (Clara Clayton and Coach) and Grandparent (Rose the Golden Girl). Proper wifey film we got free tickets for. I wouldn't say there were laughs in it...a few exhalations of breath at best.

Marley and Me

Rachael (the Friend) and Owen (bonky nose, freakish face) Wilson get a dog who lives with them while they start their family. Depressing stuff.

Ladies choice this weekend, Happy Face?

Commando

Errors throughout the film make it even more enjoyable.

11/10

Bronson

A really good lead performance in a film about a fella who mugged the Post Office for 30quid and ended up doing 30+years in jail.

I thought it was a bit muddled though.

7/10

Edited by Barney

The Proposal

Marley and Me

Ladies choice this weekend, Happy Face?

It was me that applied for tickets for the first one and downloaded the latter.

:unsure:

Public Enemies.

Could and should have been great, really like both the leading men and the girl is a tasty little side dish and no mistake. However the camera work left me dizzy and confused, sharp pan and zoom in scenes which didn't need it. The Actions scenes didn't excite and the dramatic moments seemed rushed and shallow. It may sound weird but despite the film being quite long I didn't feel like either Bale or Depp were in it that much. Dillinger and Purvis are interesting characters that should have brought better out of both of these fine actors. Both just seemed to go through the motions, Depp did a charmless charming Dillinger, delivering lines that would sound trite in an Arnie movie and Bale delivered his metronomic, stern, good-guy shtick.

All in all I'd say it was a 6/10, Michael Mann really ballsed it up.

Public Enemies.

Could and should have been great, really like both the leading men and the girl is a tasty little side dish and no mistake. However the camera work left me dizzy and confused, sharp pan and zoom in scenes which didn't need it. The Actions scenes didn't excite and the dramatic moments seemed rushed and shallow. It may sound weird but despite the film being quite long I didn't feel like either Bale or Depp were in it that much. Dillinger and Purvis are interesting characters that should have brought better out of both of these fine actors. Both just seemed to go through the motions, Depp did a charmless charming Dillinger, delivering lines that would sound trite in an Arnie movie and Bale delivered his metronomic, stern, good-guy shtick.

All in all I'd say it was a 6/10, Michael Mann really ballsed it up.

Mann panned by Fish.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry, an abused and mentally unstable child, being punished for throwing a cake at a woman (and blaming a pixie), takes revenge by throwing his abusive step-father from a second floor window. Following the incident he has a complete mental breakdown. While incarcerated he imagines the juvenile detention centre as a world of wizards and magic. He gets into fights in the yard claiming only to be partaking in a violent game to catch a winged ball that flies. He also talks to himself incoherently, kills a cat and several people which he blames on the memory of a man who died 11 years ago (just after he was born). In the end he sticks a shiv in the eye of an inmate who he insiists is a 64 foot snake. Rather than the violent actions of a psychopath he sees this as an heroic validation of all that he's done before. He celebrates in the mess with Bubba, a 28 stone violent murderer with a penchant for under 13s.

Dark.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry, an abused and mentally unstable child, being punished for throwing a cake at a woman (and blaming a pixie), takes revenge by throwing his abusive step-father from a second floor window. Following the incident he has a complete mental breakdown. While incarcerated he imagines the juvenile detention centre as a world of wizards and magic. He gets into fights in the yard claiming only to be partaking in a violent game to catch a winged ball that flies. He also talks to himself incoherently, kills a cat and several people which he blames on the memory of a man who died 11 years ago (just after he was born). In the end he sticks a shiv in the eye of an inmate who he insiists is a 64 foot snake. Rather than the violent actions of a psychopath he sees this as an heroic validation of all that he's done before. He celebrates in the mess with Bubba, a 28 stone violent murderer with a penchant for under 13s.

Dark.

:icon_lol:

The Hangover. Entertaining comedy daftness. Not as funny as The Fish's attempts to do serious movie reviews though.

Depp did a charmless charming Dillinger, delivering lines that would sound trite in an Arnie movie and Bale delivered his metronomic, stern, good-guy shtick.

What a cad :icon_lol:

The Hangover. Entertaining comedy daftness. Not as funny as The Fish's attempts to do serious movie reviews though.

Depp did a charmless charming Dillinger, delivering lines that would sound trite in an Arnie movie and Bale delivered his metronomic, stern, good-guy shtick.

What a cad :icon_lol:

eurgh consideration and shit, let's stick to "Nah that's gay" or "Ay, I liked it" That'll be useful.

cock.