Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Hurt Locker

I think I must have seen a rough edit from before they added the plot, dialogue, suspense or tension.

Amazed they could make such a tedious movie about such a potentially riveting subject.

2hrs 5mins of my life I'll never get back.

You don't even like The Wire so shaddap man. :(

Went to see Hurt Locker last night and liked it a lot. It's not earth shatteringly good, but it's definitely better than Jimbo thinks it is!! :)

Hurt Locker

I think I must have seen a rough edit from before they added the plot, dialogue, suspense or tension.

Amazed they could make such a tedious movie about such a potentially riveting subject.

You don't even like The Wire so shaddap man. :(

Went to see Hurt Locker last night and liked it a lot. It's not earth shatteringly good, but it's definitely better than Jimbo thinks it is!! :)

Is it as good as the wire :rolleyes:

Just saw The Final Destination today and it was terrible. There was so much CGI being used, yet it wasn't particularly done very well; it looked like they'd just discovered how to use the technology.

The deaths that are usually quite clverly done simply weren't so in this film, they were all heavily dependent on CGI and subsequently completely unrealistic (which is quite some feat given the franchise). It really looked like they had run out of ideas, or were just too lazy to put any effort into the film. It's nothing but a quick cash-in of a fairly popular series that should have been left well alone as it has run its course.

Hurt Locker

You don't even like The Wire so shaddap man. :P

Went to see Hurt Locker last night and liked it a lot. It's not earth shatteringly good, but it's definitely better than Jimbo thinks it is!! :baby:

Is it as good as the wire ;)

I see what you did there.

Eastern Promises which was good - Viggo Mortensen is nails. And Bottle Rocket which is a Wes Anderson comedy from 1996 with Owen and Luke Wilson in. I thought that was good too.

The sauna scene is legendary already.

District 9 - Excellent.

Inglorious Basterds. V.Good. I expected to see more the Basterds kicking ass though.

:baby:

Agreed about the Basterds, not nearly as much bloodthirsty Nazi slaughtering as I expected, but I was very pleasantly surprised with what I saw, especially Hans Landa, what a character !

with what I saw, especially Hans Landa, what a character !

I said that as I left the cinema. Brilliantly acted.

He got the best actor award at Cannes, not surprised in the slightest, brilliantly menacing, without being obviously sinister, I thought the opening chapter with him and diary farmer was mesmerisingly powerful.

District 9

fuck me what a good film, the thinking mans Indepence Day, loved it !!

Really good film.

9/10

Very unique and well thought through.

Really enjoyed it too. It was almost disappointing when the action really got started, because up to then it had all been so perfectly real, then I was reminded of Red Matter with some of the more inexplicable stretches to move the story on ("I'm making a bomb!"?), but it was short lived and the later action was superb, really lived up to time dedicated to introducing the characters.

Amazing effects too. Perfectly integrated CGI across the board.

He got the best actor award at Cannes, not surprised in the slightest, brilliantly menacing, without being obviously sinister, I thought the opening chapter with him and diary farmer was mesmerisingly powerful.

same here, I don't think I blinked throughout that entire scene

tarantino himself has said he wouldnt have made inglorious if he hadn't found Waltz to play him with the switches between languages and everything they were just flawless

most recently for me would be the bourne trilogy, not the first time mind, got a boxset and watched them over the last week or so, cracking films

Ditto. Reminded me of the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang and the effect he had all those years ago - truly menacing.

District 9

Really good film.

9/10

Really enjoyed it too. It was almost disappointing when the action really got started, because up to then it had all been so perfectly real, then I was reminded of Red Matter with some of the more inexplicable stretches to move the story on ("I'm making a bomb!"?), but it was short lived and the later action was superb, really lived up to time dedicated to introducing the characters.

I've got a choice between this and Inglourious basterds on Friday. District 9 is receiving all the rave reviews but tbh the whole idea of it seems shite to me, alien refugees, wtf? Whereas the Tarantino film is receiving mixed reviews, but I've liked nearly everything else he's done. Which do you recommend?

District 9

Really good film.

9/10

I've got a choice between this and Inglourious basterds on Friday. District 9 is receiving all the rave reviews but tbh the whole idea of it seems shite to me, alien refugees, wtf? Whereas the Tarantino film is receiving mixed reviews, but I've liked nearly everything else he's done. Which do you recommend?

I've not seen Inglorious Bastards yet...I chose Disttrict 9 ahead of it. Tarantino isn't the opening day draw he once was after Death Proof.

The effects in District 9 should be seen on the big screen though.

District 9

Really good film.

9/10

D9. You'll love it as you have a modicum of intelligence about you.

District 9

Really good film.

9/10

Owing to the reviews I have to see D9 really. Not that your opinion on this will not be without a bit of bias. :munch:

District 9

Really good film.

9/10

Owing to the reviews I have to see D9 really. Not that your opinion on this will not be without a bit of bias. :munch:

I've seen both and I would genuinely recommend both, District 9 is the better of the two but only just, Inglorious Basterds is probably nothing like what you'd expect, I assume many of those that have given it negative reviews were expecting the usual Tarantino bloodbath, it isn't, its much more than that, plus they probably couldn't handle the subtitles for the extensive French and German dialogue throughout, two great films, both worth seeing on the big screen in my usually shite opinion.