Jimbo

Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Aye might have to give the full thing a shot. We watched a youtube of somebody dissecting it which was class.

Also some mad part of Mac and Me - which is funny when a group of you are pissed.

Haven't seen that before :lol: Superb. We should keep posting stuff this in here just to annoy the cineastes.

Apparently Paul Rudd breaks that out every time he's on an American talkshow instead of his latest movie clip.

does it to conan o'brien everytime he's on

Saw boyhood at the cinema last week. Enjoyed it. Unique and life affirming if a bit light weight in the plot department 7/10

Haven't seen that before :lol: Superb. We should keep posting stuff this in here just to annoy the cineastes.

:D

I have yet to see Sharknado, but it's on my list

22fa715be5689dd1_WWIFY-Sharknado_15.prev

The same lad (on another forum) who introduced me to The Room was going on about the trailers for Sharknado :lol:

Saw this last night at the IMAX at Waterloo. Really enjoyable blockbuster, they nailed the humour

Loved the bit with the prosthetic leg

and the action, but I agree the back stories were fairly twee & crow-barred in.

The Collector is a set up for the next Guardians movie.

Are you talking about Howard the Duck? It was just a daft Guardians of the Galaxy-esque bit of nonsense, which is fine. I don't think that scene was supposed to do anything but get a laugh, which it did.

Yes, Howard the Duck. I didn't laugh. I was more interested to know what happened to the Aether given the macguffins have been identified as infinity stones. We've had the teaser for the Collector, but he's been pretty castrated given his entire collection has been destroyed. (Apart from the Aether?)

Alright lads, which characters were you looking for some development on?

Was it Rocket the gun-toting racoon? Groot, the tree-like humanoid? The deadly and enigmatic Gamora? Or Drax the Destroyer? Or perhaps Ronan, the powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe?

It was more the director thinking "oh shit, we actually know fuck all about these characters - better put some back story in" and then having a quick Breakfast Club-style roundup halfway through a film that is essentially all focussed on action. Also, the almost-romance between Starlord and Gamora was so hastily and unnecessarily done everyone lost interest in it.

Enjoyable film from a brainless superhero action movie point of view, but they shouldn't have given it to someone whose only other significant credit is Super.

This makes me worry even more about the cornettoless Ant Man being shit.

Yes, Howard the Duck. I didn't laugh. I was more interested to know what happened to the Aether given the macguffins have been identified as infinity stones. We've had the teaser for the Collector, but he's been pretty castrated given his entire collection has been destroyed. (Apart from the Aether?)

This makes me worry even more about the cornettoless Ant Man being shit.

Won't the next Avengers film include another infinity gem? Aether, Tesseract & the Orb are accounted for, The collector may well already have one of the others? I dunno. Anyway, the Collector is just an agent of the proper big bad; Thanos.

It would have been pretty hard to do an after credits scene that tied in, unless they just did another Asgard/Collector thing?

Won't the next Avengers film include another infinity gem? Aether, Tesseract & the Orb are accounted for, The collector may well already have one of the others? I dunno. Anyway, the Collector is just an agent of the proper big bad; Thanos.

It would have been pretty hard to do an after credits scene that tied in, unless they just did another Asgard/Collector thing?

They'll probably have some new infinity gem introduced, although given the tesseract has been used to 'create' Quicksilver & Scarlett Witch then maybe it'll return instead.

The Collector has/had the Aether, one of the infinity gems, no idea about any others yet. Part of his motivation I'd assume would be to keep it away from Thanos, rather than for him. Then again they might be going a different route with the Collector in this universe.

Given the Aether's likely to float into the next living organism it touches, we could've had it going into the Collector, a being who'd be strong enough to use it. That would've been an awesome set up for the next phase of Marvel films. But instead we got Howard the Duck.

Not getting the feel that Thanos is the supreme all-powerful threat to the universe yet. Early days in terms of their long term narrative, though.

Maybe they made sure the end credit scene was that shit on purpose to keep fan theories going crazy.

Lads, you can dispense with the spoilers, nobody but you two gives a fuck. :lol:

:lol: You're weird.

Philadelphia Story

Guess who's coming to dinner?

Hepburn is a class apart, Stewart and Grant are superb, Spencer Tracy is how actors should be, Poitier is excellent. Phillip Barry is an excellent writer.

They don't make 'em like they used to.

I've been drinking.

Guardians of the galaxy. Was waiting for it to finish after 45mins. Should have seen Dawn of the Planet if the Apes instead

Debatable. Canny for about half an hour. Then turned into an over the top hollywood blockbuster. Everything I liked about Rise was missing. Oh and the American nuclear family lark in it was lame as well.

most recent new movie i just watched not long ago was captain phillips with tom hanks good movie sad at the end though.