Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Thor 2

Great superhero film, wonderfully silly. The Greenwich scene was worth the admission alone.

Even better was the fact I only paid a fiver. :closedeyes:

:good:

Where'd you watch it Brockles?

Just back from this good movie, few funny bits as well

But...

The letting Loki live bit which i seen a mile off was a total cop out because he's a fan favourite, story wise it'd have been a lot better to let him die, with the whole redemption arc etc

Yeah I wouldn't have had him die in Thor's arms, but instead, force his brother to leave him to "certain death". That way you get the redemption, the grief and all that. Curious to see what they've done with Odin.

Thought the Mad Professor Selvig was spot on fwiw

Loki isn't one for redemption though - he's ultimately going to be killed by Thor, not Christopher Eccleston. Sets up a third film nicely, which I'll look forward to as I've really enjoyed both films.

Interested to see what they do with Odin - perhaps he's been imprisoned by the Collector...an interesting way to introduce him

People were leaving the theatre when the end credits kicked in. How do people not know by now that you have to stay to the end of a Marvel film! :D

Loki isn't one for redemption though - he's ultimately going to be killed by Thor, not Christopher Eccleston. Sets up a third film nicely, which I'll look forward to as I've really enjoyed both films.

Interested to see what they do with Odin - perhaps he's been imprisoned by the Collector...an interesting way to introduce him

People were leaving the theatre when the end credits kicked in. How do people not know by now that you have to stay to the end of a Marvel film! :D

He won't be killed, he's Loki; a villain that even when he's defeated you can't help but like. As it's all a game to him, we the audience can't really dislike him. By the by, I was really disappointed with Eccleston's portrayal of the villain. For an actor that has played an enigmatic powerful protagonist, I was hoping for a better antagonist from him. I don't know much about Malekith, but Eccleston could have been replaced by any jobbing actor.

It's actually quite compelling for something so weak in ideas. ;)

Great film and great night out as other half loved it too.

Surprised you found it intellectually weak, I thought the metaphors were superbly crafted, mothers, dead children, umbilical cords, earth. What was weak about all that?

Great film and great night out as other half loved it too.

Surprised you found it intellectually weak, I thought the metaphors were superbly crafted, mothers, dead children, umbilical cords, earth. What was weak about all that?

As I said it's quite compelling....

He wrote the script with his son, which imo for a space film of this nature is too wordy and in many ways all the 'chocolate box' talking (It is the milk tray man in space after all) for me gets in the way..."It's gonna be a wild ride"! etc...It's a brave film BUT that it is over reliant on the presentation (2 years of cgi and 3D enhancements). The 'mom' stuff is for that faceless ' american audience' and I found the bits when she was talking about her daughter and her 'driving in the night' derisable and clunky (perfectly roasted chicken for the corn fed).

Other than that I found it enthralling in many ways and I was pulled in. Bullock was maginificent in it even with her rock hard tits and facelift from nasa.

Yeah the bits with Clooney going on about himself being handsome were a but jarring, didnt fit.

I thought the casting was spot on in the context of the overall theme. Bullock is the perfect mother in terms of looks; good looking, attractive but not too sexy. Clooney is now at the age to be seen more as a dad than a sex symbol.

The evolution theme is obvious (emerging from the water at the end was a bit crass too) as thats what 'gravity' has done, it has evolved the species physically. Without the specific gravitational force on earth, humans would not have evolved or dominated at least. That evolution has allowed us to step off the planet which may in the future be a necessity due to global warming. Bullocks dead child and the umbilical cords attaching them to safety was all very mother earth.

In short, thought there was plenty of material behind the visual roller coaster and nerve-racking action. Bullock is amazing too as you say.