Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Our space colonies needs supple breeding stock from each race so that's white, black and other. They will populate our moon kitchens.

No, you have a sepereate one for cooking innit. One for each room - that kind of thing...A gaggle of hot clones frothing for cock and sometimes cooking and channel changing. Roll on the future!

What the fuck are you lot wittering about?!

A future withouth biological women. The future men all over the planet are planning in their garages. Keep up. :lol:

No more of that needy mind bending chat late at night...Breakfasts in bed delivered by super models with iq's tweaked for various activities...One minute Kasparov level chess, next minute a quick go on the fiddle.

Edited by Park Life

The Place Beyond the Pines.

At first glance another glimpse into 'smalltown' Americana....But before the winsome twists of the various anticipated endings and the much feared logjam of cliche..There is a film in here and it is wonderful.

Into the Wild - canny, but the bloke came across as a right twat

Requim for a Dream - very powerful, I'm pleased I finally got round to watching it

Into Thin Air: Death on Everest - I'd seen it before, but many years ago, still decent

Into the Wild - canny, but the bloke came across as a right twat

Requim for a Dream - very powerful, I'm pleased I finally got round to watching it

Into Thin Air: Death on Everest - I'd seen it before, but many years ago, still decent

Cheery bunch of films there.

Enjoyed Saving Mr Banks. Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson were both excellent and although I didn't shed a tear I was pulling some Phil Cool faces to hold it in. The thing that stopped me from spilling over was Colin Farrell. Not just that he was awful as Travers' dad (which he was) but that the flashbacks to him kept taking you away from Thompson's excellent heart melting show and back to the alcoholic arsehole that turned her into the ice maiden she was. You couldn't feel any remorse for him, despite the early endeavours to show him being a great dad. His redemption (or not) is the crux of the story, but I think they made a mistake peppering the flashbacks right through to the end. Should have restricted them to the first hour or so as context and then stayed with Mrs T from then on to pull the heart strings and give that gut punch at the end uninterrupted.

The greatest joy to be had with it are in the original songs from Mary Poppins though. Which makes it come across slightly like Mamma Mia, or Sunshine on Leith, a film built around the music everyone loves. Bound to bring in the punters, but something of a cash cow for the rights owners of those tunes.