Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Anyone seen Planes yet?

yup. it was my little lad's first trip to the cinema. we now have a toy dusty crophopper and skipper to accompany the tens of pixar car toys scattered around our house.

it was typical pixar, sweet with a few laughs. nothing too original in there. more one for the kids than the adults but enjoyable enough. for me it's more about seeing the bairn transfixed.

Affleck's quality. He'll make a class Batman. Hope he does away with the stupid voice.

everyone bangs on about the nolan batman films but i couldn't stand them, mainly because of bale's ridiculous batman voice, and the fact they just took themselves a bit too seriously. preferred the the first couple by tim burton tbh.

Planes is the one Pixar just handed over to Disney studios though iirc.

You're right. Pixar had nowt to do with it. That's a scam if ever there was one.

Like one of them shitty tribute bands, without the dodgy name telling you it's not the real deal.

Affleck will be fine IMO. More pleased that, without bale, it's less likely for nolan and his batman films to have an influence over the next film. Loved his trilogy in isolation but they make no sense in a world of superman, aquaman and the green lantern.

Also put paid to that stupid "robin" shit from the end of the last one.

everyone bangs on about the nolan batman films but i couldn't stand them, mainly because of bale's ridiculous batman voice, and the fact they just took themselves a bit too seriously. preferred the the first couple by tim burton tbh.

They were alright, but they were all at least half an hour too long. At least. And yeah, the way people go on about them is daft IMO. I'm just completely over the superhero film in general though. I don't mind an origin story, but when it gets to the stage where it's one bloke using the other bloke's head to knock down skyscrapers for half an hour, I tune out completely.

• 2 weeks later...