Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Aye that was alright, but it was also played a bit for laughs and had a mint soundtrack. This one looks deadly fucking serious and much the worse for it.

Definitely had me thinking about a food-tour of the states, but then I remember tv shows like "Man Vs Food" or "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" and realise that the majority of the food over there is utter shit.

A burnt out cook with a shot at redemption. :lol: It's like Rocky but making dinners. I hope there's some training montages of him chopping veg and working on his pancake tossing.

Chance of a good tagline though. "One chop...and you're dead!"

Is he a chef turned action hero? Like a pastry chef John McClane

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Definitely had me thinking about a food-tour of the states, but then I remember tv shows like "Man Vs Food" or "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" and realise that the majority of the food over there is utter shit.

"Man Vs Food" is exactly what makes me want to do a food-tour of the states. :D

"Man Vs Food" is exactly what makes me want to do a food-tour of the states. :D

Aye, but you're basically a singularity in running shorts these days.

front1d.jpg

You could tackle this and still end up falling between the cracks in the pavement.

A burnt out cook with a shot at redemption. :lol: It's like Rocky but making dinners. I hope there's some training montages of him chopping veg and working on his pancake tossing.

:lol:

Everest. Took far too long to get going and I'd lost a lot of interest before the shit hit the fan and it got more entertaining.

Tangerine. Comedy drama about a couple of transexual prossy's in LA and dodgy Armenian taxi driver. The whole film was shot on iphones but you wouldn't know it (in fact I'd completely forgot that it was until someone mentioned it afterwards). It mainly stars unknown or amateur actors (and Ziggy from season 2 of The Wire) so I didn't find the acting great but it was an interesting little indie film.

They've gone downhill innit.

Most Film-makers that achieve perfection early in a long career do. Scorcese, Allen, Tarantino, All still doing good quality stuff that doesn't touch their classics.

Looking forward to the next coen one too.

Most Film-makers that achieve perfection early in a long career do. Scorcese, Allen, Tarantino, All still doing good quality stuff that doesn't touch their classics.

Looking forward to the next coen one too.

True Grit and in particular No Country For Old Men have come well after their early greats and arguably stand up to them. I reckon they've got a few more classics to come and Hail Cesar may well be one of them. Personally they only films of theirs that I've really not got are A Serious Man and Rasing Arizona (which I've never managed to watch all the way through).