Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Watched "Out Of The Furnace" at the weekend. An all star cast and it is brutal in parts. It didn't get the best reviews when it was released but I enjoyed it, a Bale/Harrelson combo would do well to fail really.

I've got "Black Mass" to watch tonight.

Aye. That's the best bit of the trailer too where it does the mam and dad.

Went to see Suffragette tonight. All men are horrible, incompetent bastards and all women are martyrs that got raped daily until they could vote. Didn't the war play some small part in women getting the vote?

Meryl Steep was good giving her speech.

Have you seen Made In Dagenham HF?....thought that was really good, but not as good as the hard nosed cockney women on whom the film was based doing the rounds promoting it...they made the likes of Bob Crow look like a fuckin boy scout :lol:

Have you seen Made In Dagenham HF?....thought that was really good, but not as good as the hard nosed cockney women on whom the film was based doing the rounds promoting it...they made the likes of Bob Crow look like a fuckin boy scout :lol:

Aye, it was canny. Don't remember much of it though, just know it as the film Kermode bangs on about too much. Never seen any of the real wifeys off it. Not sure I want to from that description.

Recently I've watched:

Everest. Thought it was good, although I admit I've read and enjoyed several books about the incident and have a bit of a fascination with Everest in general. It was pretty accurate to the story as I know it, apart from a couple of minor things. I don't think seeing it in 3D would've added anything, so I didn't bother.

It did annoy me a bit that it was only the second time this year I've been to the cinema (first was in America in June) and two of the trailers were the same. :(

All This Mayhem. Documentary type thing on Netflix about two skateboarding brothers who get hooked on drugs. I added it to my list a while back when I heard a good review but didn't think it was my cup of tea as I've no interest in skateboarding. Turned out to be one of the best things I've seen in ages, would highly recommend watching it.

:lol:

You're not really selling it.

I always revert to The Fast show sketch where they're at a pretentious dinner party discussing foreign fims when the bloke pipes up with:

"Did anyone see that film on Channel 4 last night? - First of all it was in black and white, secondly it was subtitled, thirdly nobody got shot and finally nobody got their kit off. I'll get me coat."

The Martian. Someone saw Apollo 13 and thought "that was mint, let's do it again with more problems to solve further away", which is a great thing. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but the truth of Apollo 13 still wins for me despite the greater spectacle of this.

Anyway went to see The Martian last night.

Was a huge fan of the book and felt like Scott did it justice.

Although the only thing is in the book you saw a lot more of Kapoor and Watney. Definitely would have liked to have seen more of Kapoor as his role is underplayed in comparison to what he does in the book.