Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Obviously neither of you have the scientific mind for it. Stick to the sci-fi versions :hand:

Something that is annoying me about The Martian is if Matt Damon started slagging off my taste in music after going on a trip to Mars without any of his own I'd leave the bell-end there.

The other point is not a criticism of the film really, but of contributions on Kermode that have said it's nice to see scientists represented as normal people, rather than weirdos. Danny Glover, the man who solves the biggest problem, played a massive weirdo though. All the scientists have a meeting where the one attractive woman doesn't know the Lord of The Rings reference as well. Nerds could take that as an inside joke on her, but there's still the nod to nerdy dweebs being a spieces separate to attractive women. I've got no problem with it, because it's true, but I think people just saw Matt Damon doing clever stuff and based that praise on him alone.

How many high level attractive business women would get a LOTR reference in reality though?

Like I say "I've got no problem with it, because it's true". Some stereotypes are true. Just the praise rings hollow with me when I can see the film perpetuate the stereotype though.

I haven't seen it but probably going to. But radiation on Mars is that severe the only way of staying up there more than a couple of days is being underground. If he's in some kind of surface vehicle the shielding would be too heavy to get the thing up there in the first place. In any kind of ad hoc lightweight surface habitat Matt Demon would be Matt Deadman in a week or two.

Like I say "I've got no problem with it, because it's true". Some stereotypes are true. Just the praise rings hollow with me when I can see the film perpetuate the stereotype though.

When I say it's true, I just mean more men have read it than women by the way. I don't think looks or occupation dictate whether or not someone has read LOTR.

I think most readers, male or female, attractive or not, gave up reading LOTR at the Council of Elrond at least once though, it's frigging tedious.

I haven't seen it but probably going to. But radiation on Mars is that severe the only way of staying up there more than a couple of days is being underground. If he's in some kind of surface vehicle the shielding would be too heavy to get the thing up there in the first place. In any kind of ad hoc lightweight surface habitat Matt Demon would be Matt Deadman in a week or two.

He has tarpaulin and gaffer tape and that's fine.

Maybe that is true but it was still a canny show. My only issue is, see when you watch this type of show, why does it always have to have a fuckin happy ending??

Watched "The Gift".

Thoroughly enjoyed, very well written and gripped me early on. Didn't let me go to the final scene. Class.

Watched this last night too. Certainly wasn't what I was expecting but thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice performances from Edgerton and Bateman.

Watched "The Gift".

Thoroughly enjoyed, very well written and gripped me early on. Didn't let me go to the final scene. Class.

Sounds good, but missing Katie Holmes tits.

Anyone seen "The Walk" yet? about the guy who tightrope walked between the 2 World Trade Centre towers

I've only been to the cinema twice this year (once in New York, once in Newcastle) and that was the trailer both times. :( I still don't fancy seeing it.

I've only been to the cinema twice this year (once in New York, once in Newcastle) and that was the trailer both times. :( I still don't fancy seeing it.

I saw the preview the other day, that was enough for me.

Fast & Furious 7 - Like most action movies you have to make significant allowances for the ridiculous plot, poor dialogue and suspect acting but I thought that the action and visuals in the film were actually very impressive. I certainly wasn't expecting to but I actually enjoyed it.