Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Jungle Book. The middle section with bare necessities and king of the swingers is as good a 15 minutes entertainment for all ages as you'll get. The ending with the tart leading Mowgli to humanity is perfect too.

The elephants are canny but the vultures are shite. Supposed to be a Beatles vehicle apparently, but they pulled out. It drags the film out that bit. Could have been a perfect 60 minutes.

Loved the first three as a kid, only seen the first of the sequels and just couldn't get away with it. I might give this a watch though I reckon more out of curiosity with a few of the originals being in it.

Taking my nephew on opening weekend. Looking forward to seeing it and how excited he will be, but absolutely dreading seeing people my age dressed up, which they're bound to be.

:lol:

I'm going to try and watch it at the IMAX, but I'm caught between a rock and a Hoth place. Daytime showings will be families, and they're awful. Nighttime showings will be Ubernerds dressed up like this poindexter

fat-leia-cosplay-475x633.jpg

and they're worse.

by the way, everyone is sure that Luke is the bad guy. No Hammill in any of the trailers and the bad guy always has his face covered. I'm not convinced though. Not sure how many films the old stars have signed up for, but I'd be surprised if they were in all of them, if that's the case then you can't have the big bad guy offed in the 1st of the trilogy, can you?

Loved the first three as a kid, only seen the first of the sequels and just couldn't get away with it. I might give this a watch though I reckon more out of curiosity with a few of the originals being in it.

The first of the new ones is fucking awful and hilariously racist.

Right, we've got some aliens, lets give them big lips, make their ears look like dreads, have them lope along like the crows from the Kia-Ora and oh yeah, let's have them talk in an affected patoir that brings Uncle Tom to mind.

Then we've got some businessy aliens, let's make them kind of Oriental... they're good with numbers and that, right?

Finally there's a greedy merchant, let's give him a massive hook nose and make him sound "a bit jewy"

Oh and of course, there's the "Sand People" :lol:

Taking my nephew on opening weekend. Looking forward to seeing it and how excited he will be, but absolutely dreading seeing people my age dressed up, which they're bound to be.

A lad I was at school with posted his ticket he bought. He is off to the first showing at midnight and was conversing with someone about starting to q at fucking 6pm. Seriously?

A lad I was at school with posted his ticket he bought. He is off to the first showing at midnight and was conversing with someone about starting to q at fucking 6pm. Seriously?

What's he queuing for if he's already got his ticket? Isn't it assigned seating? Forget the Death Penalty, that's some real barbaric shit right there.

taking my little boy to see this at the cinema. he's already star wars obsessed, he's seen the three originals and the first two of the prequels. i stopped short of showing him the third prequel as it's actually pretty dark, and probably the best of those three. not difficult given the state of the first two.

taking my little boy to see this at the cinema. he's already star wars obsessed, he's seen the three originals and the first two of the prequels. i stopped short of showing him the third prequel as it's actually pretty dark, and probably the best of those three. not difficult given the state of the first two.

How'd he react to Vader revealing he's the worst deadbeat dad going?

he was fine with that. the only bit in any of the movies he struggled with was when vadar takes his helmet off, revealing annakin's disfigured head, before dying. so i figured the third prequel when annakin is left chopped in two, with his legs in flames, might be a bit much.

he was fine with that. the only bit in any of the movies he struggled with was when vadar takes his helmet off, revealing annakin's disfigured head, before dying. so i figured the third prequel when annakin is left chopped in two, with his legs in flames, might be a bit much.

Was asking if he was surprised, or did he just take it in his stride.

The trailer looks like they've done the right thing taking it out of Lucas's hands and getting shot of the CGI. Star Wars is the film that got me interested in films and I still love all the original films and really like the third of the prequels (they maybe could have made one half decent film out of the first two) so I'll be off to see this as soon as it's out. Gonna try for the IMAX. Isn't Adam Driver playing the main bad guy with Brienne one of the cheif henchmen?

I watched Mr Holmes last night. It's not really the mystery you want from a film about Sherlock Holmes but still a pretty decent film.