Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I hear there's a series of it starting soon.

Can't believe anyone of a reasonable age hadn't seen the film let alone heard of it.  It used to be on the telly all the time.

I watched a film called Coherence the other night.  Not sure if I saw it recommended on here but it was pretty good.  It's a really low budget film about some friends having a dinner party while a comet passes close overhead and kicks off some strange happenings.  It's pretty interesting and much more intelligent than most Hollywood sci fi.

Remember a scene from Westworld where a bloke fancies one of the androids and she says to him something like "Oh, I'm not programmed for sex". She was more of a air hostess / waitress type iirc. She was greeting the arrivals. Obviously had a profound effect on me as I remember watching that at me Gran's in Burradon and she's been dead about 30 years. Wasn't Westworld only one part of the theme park? Anyhoo, the things you remember...

When younger I always wondered what it would feel like to fuck a robot cowgirl prostitute....

What, don't tell me it was only me?

This comment has no apparent context that I can see (unless it's this Westworld film?) and so just looks fucking bizarre in the chronology of posts :lol:

Remember a scene from Westworld where a bloke fancies one of the androids and she says to him something like "Oh, I'm not programmed for sex". She was more of a air hostess / waitress type iirc. She was greeting the arrivals. Obviously had a profound effect on me as I remember watching that at me Gran's in Burradon and she's been dead about 30 years. Wasn't Westworld only one part of the theme park? Anyhoo, the things you remember...

Aye Westworld (they're making a tv series out of it dontcha know) is only one part of the park.  I have an idea that part of it may have also been based on Rome but that might just have been a dream of mine.

This comment has no apparent context that I can see (unless it's this Westworld film?) and so just looks fucking bizarre in the chronology of posts :lol:

I think Alex's post above gives you the context.  If you haven't seen the film I can understand that Renton's post does just come across as weird though.  Would have seemed for normal from MF.

Aye Westworld (they're making a tv series out of it dontcha know) is only one part of the park.  I have an idea that part of it may have also been based on Rome but that might just have been a dream of mine.

Had a look and it was a Roman World based on Pompeii (seem to remember a malfunctioning Yul Bryner getting into that bit) and a one based on Medieval Europe as well as the Wild West. Incidentally, remember when the shit Star Trek (the one without Kirk, Spock and co.) basically became every episode with them in the Holodeck?

Had a look and it was a Roman World based on Pompeii (seem to remember a malfunctioning Yul Bryner getting into that bit) and a one based on Medieval Europe as well as the Wild West. Incidentally, remember when the shit Star Trek (the one without Kirk, Spock and co.) basically became every episode with them in the Holodeck?

I used to love The Next Generation but holodeck stuff was bollocks.

My mate used to love it. I can remember sitting round his doing buckets being bored to tears with it. On the back of that he rented a film starring Patrick Stewart called Dad Savage. It's meant to be a gritty modern day British take on a Western with Stewart playing this tulip grower who's into line dancing. Can't remember much more other than there being some murder(s). It's about as good as it sounds.

Remember when you used to just go to the video shop and take pot luck with something you'd never really heard of?

There was an inferior sequel to Westworld called Futureworld which showed more "worlds" within the park.

Wouldn't have fancied a go with a sexbot if they short circuited halfway through and their face came off - or they decided to kill you.

Just mentioned this to my missus saying I fancy watching it and that Yul Brenner was in the original film.

Mrs HMHM: " Is that the one who bends spoons?"

(She wasn't joking and obviously not listening properly).

:lol:

The Neon Demon -  Ok for about an hour with lush photography and scintillating synth pop/mood palettes. But then it went ridiculous with very forced and cod closure. NWR is finished. Another one on the trash heap. Hooray!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cipOTUO0CmU

Other way round for me, shite for an hour and then bat shit crazy. Overall 3 laughs and 2 full erections which is not bad going. Lesbian necrophilia scene sent me over the edge. The bit with the eye-ball!! :lol:

Other way round for me, shite for an hour and then bat shit crazy. Overall 3 laughs and 2 full erections which is not bad going. Lesbian necrophilia scene sent me over the edge. The bit with the eye-ball!! :lol:

I know what you're sayin cause he's good at mood and he's good at sudden bursts of archaic violence, just the ending seemed a bit forced. Loved the imagery mind.

Machinist - unreal physical transformation from Bale. He looked on death's door. Enjoyed the use of blue-grey filters. Added to the effect of seeing the world through his eyes as he lost his mind 7/10.

The green room - enjoyable popcorn horror/thriller. Good turn from Patrick Stewart. 6/10

Bad neighbours - typical Seth Rogen fare. If you like him, you'll like this. 5/10

Edited by Dr Gloom